Pud80

The 3 types I've met in Dayz

OK So in my not so long time on dayz I've come across a load of player types. I wanted to put them in to the main 3 I think (my personal opinion) they slot in to.

1)      So your running in to a village, you spot a fellow survivor. Try and make contact via mic, No reply. They have heard you as now they have armed up with a weapon and crouch down.  Run in to a house. You try and talk them down, still no reply. I've tried the "I'm not going to kill you"  the  "hey I'm just passing through don't shoot" Still no reply. So you cut your losses and go your own way. Its then you notice the same person is now following you. They are armed, keeping a distance. You know this is only going to end one way. One of you back on the beach.    Silent stalker all out Killer----      (this covers a few silent type player who either don't want to or don't have a mic, just the want to kill you and take your loot) 

2) You are looting a house, looking around and swapping out loot, you don't notice the player coming in and watching you, and then you hear them. Either a hello, don't shoot I'm friendly, want to team up. If you've played this game for a month or so you are cautious of everyone you don't know, the game makes you this way.  So you agree to team up and loot, its then they tell you about a friend they have in the next village, they just want to meet up with them to get a bigger team going more chances of surviving. OK you reply, the nagging feeling is still there, but hey not everyone wants to stab you in the back and take your loot.. Right. You go and meet up with said friend. There is 3 of said friends all stood in a field, as if they have been expecting you. Hey you say, nothing, So where we heading to?, nothing. One of them asks if you have food and drink. Yeah sure you want some. Its then you black out. Come round tied up nothing on you, they have even taken your shoes.   Tricksters blag artist-- (will lead you in to a trap, either kill you or leave you with nothing)

3) Similar to 2, but they are genuinely friendly, to prove this they also give you a spare weapon if you have none, good military gear food and drink if you’re a fresh spawn. Now I've not had as much experience with this type, as I've only met 2-3 players who have been like this. One American guy after giving me half his good gear committed suicide to go re spawn and start again.    Friendly--- (will help you, give you food and weapons)

You can come across a mixture of all the 3, but I wanted to put them in the main 3 I've come across. 

Edited by Pud80

your split up there shows a lot of ingame situations experienced and it also shows what makes this game so greast. Which is the Players and the human Brains they use which always is good for surprises, funny situations, unexpected turns and so on, something a KI will not be able to do. How ever, I think the split sources also from the different experiences this Players made (on meeting the examples you pointed out before) and from the expectation they have on their personal Dayz experience. So Players choosing the game for it´s PVP ellements will try to get a good PVP Situation out of any situation that fits, Players with a role Play Intention will try to fill their role by acting in that way, Players with a survival lonley wulf expectation will possibly act different again, and so on.

So ist difficult to list all the different possible variations of situations Players could react to and in which way they would do so.

There is also the Kind of Players who Sneak through the enviorment, spy out a City before they go there or others who camp in a mili base to get some shots.

I think it is dificult define any Player intention seriously in the Moment as due to the expected wipe and patch the ellements of base build and planning on the longer term is disabled and so of course Players focus meanwhile on PVP.

I mainly Play chaotic, by Looking for good memorisable Moments and funny Things that happen also for the unexpected ways or othe roff road things. I nearly dont care if shot as Long as the situation was worth it. Actually my opinion is, the 1 unexpected kill you face which makes you think wow or even makes you angry will be the thing you remeber in 2 or 3 years if someone asks you about your dayz experience, so the unexpected crazy situations are the only things that really count on the long term for me.    

Yeah with the wipe coming for consoles, I'm thinking everyone's going to be gunning each other down just for the fun of it. Once the wipe has happened its going to change the dynamic of the game. All being well for the better.