deviantdigi

That gun you really wanted? You found it? Well its gone!

Well eventually your kinda forced to learn. Or lose more gear due to the bug. Its an error and should be corrected regardless of dayz experience. Keep in mind suggestions are made to improve dayz.

Did you try to put the gun in your bag you said?

You DO realize that the guns in the bag take 10 slots right? Plus whatever is there for ammo?

Hmmm, sounds like you didn't.

i lost a l85 also. was in my hands on a night server and then joined another server through six and no gun. i think they were both the right patches but how do you know other than oops no gun.

sorry duplicate post. just logged in last night and the gods must have heard my cries and then took my pdw and all the ammo......argh. still have my primary though..weell probably

it doesn't seem a priority to me. i lost a lot of rifles and simply got another.

If you took the time to read bug reports and DayZ updates then you would know this is a common bug that everyone is afflicted by. Unless you only use your backpack (or any other entity, tents, trucks etc) to trade items then you will most likely lose them. The only other way is to go to flat ground (next to a building) put down an item your not bothered losing (heat pack etc) and see if its there. If so place the item you want to swap around or what ever and jobs a goodin' because most commonly the items are just underground and the misconception is its 'disappeared'.

If all else fails look on the DayZ wiki and it tells you all the bugs to this build of Alpha DayZ.

Thanks and hope I helped.

CRUSADER

i lost a l85 also. was in my hands on a night server and then joined another server through six and no gun. i think they were both the right patches but how do you know other than oops no gun.

If you use 'Six Launcher' as recommended when downloading Alpha DayZ it gives every single server that uses DayZ Mod and tells you the protection level of the server (BattleEYE, etc) and current server build etc. With this you can match it to your own and there you go, you know your on a server with the same build as your client. You can also use the ascending/decending commands by clicking on the Title of what you specifically want to find (Most players in server, Location of server etc) so you can find the best servers or most prefered servers.

Thanks and hope I helped.

CRUSADER

• Like 1

It's this simple:

1) Don't log out with the L85 in your hands.

2) Wait 30+ seconds after making any inventory changes on your character before logging out.

3) ???

4) Profit

Simple. :)

Edit: All the "alpha" people need to shut up.

Edited by Recaldy

Hello, i dont change the Server or take loot, but i lose my NVG, Range Finder, watch (was equipped) and a M24 what was in the bag (Coyote Backpack).

Not really funny =(

DAY: 25.07.2012

TIME: ~21:30-22:30

TIMEZONE: UTC/GMT +1

SERVER: DE13

Op is dumb. Yes its an annoying bug, but its easy to work around if you're careful. Plus IT DOES SAY THE SLOTS. CAR PARTS ARE GENERALLY 6 SLOTS. SCRAP AND GAS IS 3. ALL WEAPONS ARE 10. SIDEARMS ARE 5. TENTS ARE 3. THERE HAS ALSO BEEN A MILLION THREADS ABOUT THIS. I mean I generally don't get mad, but come on, with five minutes of research you know the slot sizes...

I once had an AS50, I named it Skittles. I logged off then back on and it wasn't in my pack... :( SKITTLES!!

I also get a problem nowadays where if i put a gun inside my backpack, it will disapear on server change and instead be replaced with old equipment.

Why is this community so hostile. Someone is reporting a bug in the "bug report" section. Yes, this is a bug. Yes, if you know how many slots everything needs you can avoid this, but this is not a permanent fix. He is reporting it so it can actually be fixed. This community is what is letting this great mod down.

I've been losing quite a few backpacks lately. Instead of picking one up and it swallowing, I pick one up and it eats the one I had on my back.

I just want to say as well I really don't appreciate all the brown nosers on this site. Why are you getting upset over bug reports? If there's a bug, report it. No one here wants to hear "it's an alpha mod" over and over again.

I once had an AS50, I named it Skittles. I logged off then back on and it wasn't in my pack... :( SKITTLES!!

You logged off to quickly. Last night my friend ran back to his body, got all his gear back and then had to leave to get dinner. When he came back, POOF!...everything was gone. Always wait at least 5 minutes after picking stuff up/eating or drinking before you log off.

Why is this community so hostile. Someone is reporting a bug in the "bug report" section. Yes, this is a bug. Yes, if you know how many slots everything needs you can avoid this, but this is not a permanent fix. He is reporting it so it can actually be fixed. This community is what is letting this great mod down.

I was mostly hostile because there's like 100 OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS lol. I mean if it was like the first or second thread, sure, but come on, I'm sure rocket and bohemia already know because its complained about evry 4 seconds.

Probably because the game is hostile by nature. Plus, in a few clicks you can post the most profoundly stupid or rash comment that pops in your mind. I'm guilty myself.... mostly stupid, and a few rash. In the old days before the internet this would only happen with a group of close mates over a pint in a pub, and they'd slap you for it. Ignore the hostility. There's a little troll in everyone. Passionate gamers we all are. As far as sane gamers.......that question is still unanswered. I'd imagine Rocket is about half way there, but understands the passion the game has generated which is driving the team.

Is this glitch/user error fixed in the latest patch? I'm hesitant to pick up or move extra weapons in the inventory. Lost a nice rifle and silenced pistol once.

Hey Venzire, theres someone on your server running around with my M249 and AS-50 :P go find him and get it back.

Might just do that! XD

Bug reports, not suggestions. Keep in mind this is game is in Alpha test (aka, before even Beta testing), so there's going to be bugs. Items disappearing is already a known issue, so it's a waste of time to "suggest" they fix something that's already on the to-do list.

Well this bug on the "to-do list" isnt appearing on the updates so it looks like nothing is being done about it. if they can make this whole mod. how come they cant fix a simple disappearing act?

27th July I am also loosing guns from my pack. Especially when I'm caring two rifles

DMR was the last to go.

Also seems to be less animals and they disappear, some from veiw.

the last one I killed disappeared before I had a chance to gut it.

Didn't lower into the ground, just vanished.

thanks

love the game.

It's this simple:

1) Don't log out with the L85 in your hands.

2) Wait 30+ seconds after making any inventory changes on your character before logging out.

3) ???

4) Profit

Simple. :)

Edit: All the "alpha" people need to shut up.

I don't think it's that simple. In the 2ish days that I had the L85, I was played the game... using only that gun for that wep slot & logging out with it on. So it wasn't deleting it every time I logged out with it on, and it wasn't the "log out 10 sec after getting it then no longer have it" thing. edit: guess I shoulda said that to start with ^. I think I was on the same version/patch as the server. Idk. Will find another eventually.

Edited by Charlotte

Well this bug on the "to-do list" isnt appearing on the updates so it looks like nothing is being done about it. if they can make this whole mod. how come they cant fix a simple disappearing act?

Maybe you just don't know anything about programming. It is a LOT easier to say "we're working on fixing this" than it is to actually fix it, especially since some bugs can be hard to fix without causing other (possibly worse) bugs. Heck, World of Warcraft is over 5 years old, but it still has a couple of (minor) bugs from Day One; is it because the devs are too lazy to fix them? No, it's because in fixing the bugs they noticed that other, much worse and very hard to fix bugs were caused ("very hard" in this case meaning "damn-near reprogramming the entire game"). So, rather than have programmers completely rewrite something that took 4 years of development time to write the first time around for things that maybe less than 0.001% of the player base will even notice, they just left the bugs in there.

Now granted, the vanishing items bug in Day Z is far from a "minor" bug, the point of my anecdote wasn't to imply that it isn't a big deal, the point was to explain that it can take a LOT of effort to fix a bug, and that's after already taking a lot of effort to find what's causing it in the first place. For all we know, they still haven't figured out why items are disappearing, or maybe they have but it's a very hard fix, or maybe it'll be easy to fix but cause other nastier bugs, or maybe it's a problem of the core game and thus not something that can be patched out until the game goes stand-alone.

All I can tell you is that it's a known issue, which means that we've done all the talking about it that needs to be done. If it was something easy to find and fix, it would already be fixed. The developers have nothing to gain from not fixing something on purpose.

Edited by WhiteTigerShiro

It would be cool if you were unable to move an item to a place where it could not be retrieved

• Like 1