Sign in to follow this  
ctef

KoS + surviving reason.

Hello everyone, i've been playing DayZ since the mod 2012, in the new updates 1.0 - 1.04 + when i play i always come to the point where i'm full geared, full of food and everything and there's nothing else to do and makes me yawning and boring playing. even with my friends.

PLEASE READ

so the fix in this issue is points, skills, perks, humanity points? something that will make you wanna survive and not go just fight with others and kos everyone.

for me i think food is waaaay too easy to find now with trees spawning food around, mushrooms etc, needs to be more rare, also guns needs to be super rare, and more vehicles to be added more often spawns.

i think it would be a good idea that each time you have to kill someone you will have to lose points from your dayZ account or exp i don't know, something that will punish you for doing this at your next fresh character maybe? unless you have time to fix it before you die and regain your points, by helping someone or surviving a few days.

EXAMPLE OF POINTS-SKILLS SYSTEM

with each points you gain you will be able to buy skills and passives for your survivor in game, example +5% runing speed or +25% chance when you shoot someone he will more often faint than die, because by killing someone will make you lose a ton of points, if you have a lot of skills and passives bought from your points, if you going to kill someone you will know that you will lose a lot of points and skills that you have bought in game for your survivor, so this might make you re-think of killing someone and instead tie him up and rob him than killing him.

if you have the perk that gives you +25% chances for someone to faint while shooting, this will be the easiest for you rather than killing him and lose a lot amount of your points and skills and probably a lot of progress that you have hardly earned surviving for 5 days for example.

Each day surviving will give you 100 points, helping someone with medications, water, food will give you 5 points. hunting animals will give you also 5 surviving points, cooking them also 5.

killing someone will make you lose 500 points.

each skill or passive will cost 1000+ points to buy it once in game. each time you kill 2 people will make you lose 1 random skill or passive.

if your survivor dies you lose it all or maybe get the 30% points back of what you had before you die on your fresh survivor.

limit of points 6000 + all skills bought = hero status.

0-5999 survivor status.

minus 2000-0 = bandit status. bandit status you will get once you are on minus 1000 points with limits minus 2000 which will give you terrible stats that your character will seem from far that he is bandit, example laughing alone, mental issues, running slower and stuff like this.

i hope you guys get the idea and i think its good.

Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad english.

• Like 1

I get the idea and this might be something for a modded server, but I would personally never want this in the base game.

There's always something else you can do if you're fully geared other than KoS.  You and your friends could get a car going -- most times, that involves looting several areas.  Once you get the car going, you could drive around and try to find people.  If you find them, you don't necessarily have to kill them -- I became a Chernarus Uber driver one time, picking up and driving people around, making friendships, it was fun.

You could plant a garden and grow some vegetables.  You could go hunting for wildlife and kill some boar, cows or maybe hunt for a wolf pack.  If you're playing with friends, you could try building a base to store your loot in.

The beauty of DayZ is that the game becomes what you make of it.  You can decide to be Bob the Builder one day and then be a mass murderer the next day if you like.  It's up to you how you play, at least on Vanilla anyway -- some servers have server-specific rules of course where you might not be able to do exactly what you want.

The whole notion of points for this and that -- meh -- it's not for me and like I said, these types of things should never be part of the vanilla experience.  I'm sure some modded server will implement something like this eventually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctef said:

for me i think food is waaaay too easy to find now with trees spawning food around, mushrooms etc, needs to be more rare, also guns needs to be super rare, and more vehicles to be added more often spawns.

I actually don't play to murder non-stop, probably sounds weird but I just like walking around and trying to find people to talk with, but anyway on to your point, DayZ underground (not a server i'm a member of or anything) hardly spawns any food or guns, you even have to go to their site and and sign up to join, you can use the DZSA launcher to get to it, though it's locked for the most part now.

19 hours ago, drgullen said:

I get the idea and this might be something for a modded server, but I would personally never want this in the base game.

There's always something else you can do if you're fully geared other than KoS.  You and your friends could get a car going -- most times, that involves looting several areas.  Once you get the car going, you could drive around and try to find people.  If you find them, you don't necessarily have to kill them -- I became a Chernarus Uber driver one time, picking up and driving people around, making friendships, it was fun.

You could plant a garden and grow some vegetables.  You could go hunting for wildlife and kill some boar, cows or maybe hunt for a wolf pack.  If you're playing with friends, you could try building a base to store your loot in.

The beauty of DayZ is that the game becomes what you make of it.  You can decide to be Bob the Builder one day and then be a mass murderer the next day if you like.  It's up to you how you play, at least on Vanilla anyway -- some servers have server-specific rules of course where you might not be able to do exactly what you want.

The whole notion of points for this and that -- meh -- it's not for me and like I said, these types of things should never be part of the vanilla experience.  I'm sure some modded server will implement something like this eventually.

i understand your point, it's good that dayZ is a sandbox and this allows you to create your own story, just i think it would be cool if they add something in the main game like progress points as i said(example of rust recipes or hunt showdown perks), to make your days surviving count and make you think twice before pulling the trigger.

couple of times i've take a car with my friend driving around at spawn areas to help some people with food and stuff, it worked only one time out of 5+ , most of the times people were trying to blow us up and shooting us from distance and of course killing us(even fresh spawns with shotguns and axes).

i want to see DayZ based more on PvE than PvP and surviving to be a thing so you will be at a need of help sometimes or struggle a lot to survive in the environment, days surviving to matter and count as points that will keep you get going and avoiding death situations.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kubikiri said:

I actually don't play to murder non-stop, probably sounds weird but I just like walking around and trying to find people to talk with, but anyway on to your point, DayZ underground (not a server i'm a member of or anything) hardly spawns any food or guns, you even have to go to their site and and sign up to join, you can use the DZSA launcher to get to it, though it's locked for the most part now.

on DayZ underground i often get kicked because of 300+ ping, it's a US server i guess, i'm from EU 😞  i have found some hardcore EU modded servers but mostly are empty, and food still very easy to find under trees and mushrooms in forest.(even they say they have reduced the spawn rates)

i play on vanilla servers for now, until i find some good modded hardcore with good ping.

Thank you!