HeadRox

Heli Crash Sites won't spawn

Hi Guys,

For some reason the heli crash sites are not spawning anymore. And i'm clueless why.
They were a week ago. I checkt the hole map after several restarts. (flying around to check)
Also the servers(console) says that they are spawning, but they are not showing.

22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_UH1Y, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 14
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_UH1Y, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 16
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_Mi8, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 17
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_Mi8, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 11
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_Mi8, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 13
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_UH1Y, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 13
22:36:22 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] (StaticHeliCrash) :: ChildType: Wreck_Mi8, lootmin: 10, lootmax: 20, wanted: 17

This is the current script in events.xml:

<event name="StaticHeliCrash">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <min>5</min>
        <max>10</max>
        <lifetime>2500</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>1000</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>1000</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>1000</cleanupradius>
        <secondary>InfectedArmy</secondary>
        <flags deletable="1" init_random="0" remove_damaged="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="20" lootmin="10" max="5" min="1" type="Wreck_Mi8"/>
            <child lootmax="20" lootmin="10" max="5" min="1" type="Wreck_UH1Y"/>
        </children>
    </event>

Any of you got an idea maybe?

Thx.

Edited by HeadRox

I pretty sure they are spawning. You said you flew around and checked. Did you consider that you have a Network Bubble of ~1km and this also applies to helicrashes. You have to be in range of the helicrash with your player. You could try to set the nominal to 100, ajust the max values too and wait a bit. You should see them popping up pretty quickly.

Edited by lbmaster

Thx for the reply,

What does the 'nominal' exactly do?
You are right about the Network Bubble, could increase that to i think? Since 1 kilometer is very small.

Greetz

Yes, the Heli's are back!

Ty again

So what I’m getting from that is heli crashes last 40ish minutes and there can be up to 10 on the map at once? Is that right, or am I reading it wrong? Also, are those standard settings you’d see in vanilla?

I thought the usual was 30 minutes, and 3 on the map at once. 

Edited by ThePugman

6 hours ago, ThePugman said:

So what I’m getting from that is heli crashes last 40ish minutes and there can be up to 10 on the map at once? Is that right, or am I reading it wrong? Also, are those standard settings you’d see in vanilla?

I thought the usual was 30 minutes, and 3 on the map at once. 

I get 5 all the time, max="5" min="1", so 1 for minimum 5 for max, but <min>5</min>   <max>10</max> says 5 till 10.
So i think, as far i understand it, i'm lockt in 5 due to the min/max. If that makes any sense.

5 hours ago, HeadRox said:

I get 5 all the time, max="5" min="1", so 1 for minimum 5 for max, but <min>5</min>   <max>10</max> says 5 till 10.
So i think, as far i understand it, i'm lockt in 5 due to the min/max. If that makes any sense.

The child portions are listing the two types of heli crashes you can have.  So, with the numbers you've got in the above snippit from the events.xml, you should be getting at least 1 type of each spawning, but nominally, you should have closer to 5 of each spawning.  This is depending on having at least 10 spawn locations in the cfgeventspawns.xml file.  You should check that too and make sure you have at least 10 and if not, add some (if you didn't touch it from the default install, then it's fine).

And yes @ThePugman you read that correctly -- with these settings, the helis would despawn after just under 42 minutes.

I had a server going for a while and for performance reasons, I had it set for scheduled restart every 2 hours.  In my case, I changed the lifetime value here to 7100, so that helis would be around until just before the restart.

• Like 1

@drgullen

Ah cool, so I DID read it right. Good to know! Do you know what the vanilla settings are, by chance? I'm guessing they are in our files, somewhere?

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

@drgullen

Ah cool, so I DID read it right. Good to know! Do you know what the vanilla settings are, by chance? I'm guessing they are in our files, somewhere?

Yeah, if you download and install DayZ Server from Steam Tools, then look at events.xml under the mpmissions folder, you'll see what the default lifetime value is.

• Thanks 1