joarius

ADA : new colors

Hi.

I would want to change the color of the ADA and Sedan cars, but it seems more difficult to do than under Arma 3... 😕 I have tried with ADA Hood, but it stills in blue nuances.

What is ths way that Dayz uses in order to colorize vehicles ?

• Like 1

Nobody knows how to retexture cars in DayZ ?

A Modder ? A Ddevelopper ?

3 hours ago, joarius said:

Nobody knows how to retexture cars in DayZ ?

A Modder ? A Ddevelopper ?

Hello, Dayz is not using texture like ArmA does.

For cars you have a "base texture" and inside a config file you are going to change the color.

In short, instead of making 10 skins variant with only a color change you can do the same but with 10 config files for your 10 cars.

Go take a look in the config files for the sedan you'll see 😉

Hi.

Thx for the answer. 🙂

I thought that i had discover what you explain, but i wasn't sure ; your explanations make me sure for that. 🙂

But now appear different problems :

- For example, with niva_hoodred.rvmat, where are the values to change ? class Stage0 ? class Stage1 ? class Stage2 ? class Stage0 ? class Stage3 ? class Stage4 ? etc until class Stage14. All these parameters  have to be changed, or only someone ? What mean all these parameters ?

- How change the values ? Like in class Stage0 : texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.6,0.0,0.0,1.0,co)"; What the values are to be changed ? I'm not sure that it is 0.6,0.0,0.0 or 0.0,0.0,1.0 or something else.
  And texGen = "0"; is important ? Or it is "without" importance for retexture ?

- This system means that we can't have for example 2 colors on the same part of a car, like the hood ? For example a red hood with a white line : it would be impossible, no ?

You need to change the values in which the blue color is indicated. If I remember correctly, it will be Stage1 and Stage2. Do not change the rest.

For red, try specifying texture = "# (argb, 8,8,3) color (1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0, co)".

Most likely, you will encounter another problem. The color you specify will be displayed only if the character is near the hood.

Does anyone know the solution?

example

Edited by Anatoliy Rzhevskiy

A complex process, I think developers can give a tool for changing the color of the car. Can they ask about it?

On 7/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, Anatoliy Rzhevskiy said:

You need to change the values in which the blue color is indicated. If I remember correctly, it will be Stage1 and Stage2. Do not change the rest.

For red, try specifying texture = "# (argb, 8,8,3) color (1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0, co)".

Most likely, you will encounter another problem. The color you specify will be displayed only if the character is near the hood.

Does anyone know the solution?

example

Correct parameters is Stage2 and Stage3. Your problem with colors is a Lod system. probably Stage3 changes color on lower lod, so in distance it changes a color.

Other question is: How did you override a p3d materials via config? In DamageSystem config part?