lot1on

TrackIR - Anyone else experience small "stutters"?

First I just wanna say that I know TrackIR is 3rd party software. I'm just curious if any fellow TrackIR users share my problem. I therefore haven't reported this as a bug yet.

Sometimes while playing DayZ it's like the camera gets stuck (doesn't detect mouse input or TrackIR input) and I usually end up wiggling my mouse and head around for like a second until it "releases" and it works fine again. It's extremely anoying when it happens, and especially if happens during a critical moment - like in a firefight...

I haven't been able to find a "trigger" that causes the problem. It feels like it's a bit on and off. Sometimes i'll be playing for hours without any issues and other times it does these micro-stutters almost every minute.

I love that TrackIR is back in DayZ and I think the game is just getting better and better so this is in no way meant to be a "whine-post" about the problems with the game. I'm just curious if the problem is on my end or if other users experience the same problem? Thanks!

PS: I use TrackIR in several other games (including Arma, DCS, etc.) and I've never had this problem outside DayZ. 

I don't know exactly what you mean by stutters but if it is the way it gets choppy when you are looking anywhere else than the center, I agree with you. It is more noticeable when you are zooming in and looking on a far side. It is very uncomfortable and even gives me dizziness, It feels like resolutions are unmatched between the game and the TrackIR which makes it less accurate.

In an other hand I really miss the ability to lean or look around while ads with the trackir,

I can understand that it may be difficult to adapt it on the new engine but as it is now, I wonder if the devs have ever used the TrackIR before...

To be honest the trackIR support is in a really bad state and never had similar problems in any other games. Its not even worth using it as it will gives you more headhache by messing at really crucial moments.

Yeah, it's not really stutters, sorry. It's more like the mouse input gets locked into horizontal movement. When it happens I can't move my view vertically with the mouse (horizontal input works), while moving the view with TrackIR works. To fix it I move my head around or just swing the mouse around until it "releases" and then I can aim vertically again. Sadly, it happens way too often and when it starts happening it's like it gets stuck into this state and it constantly happens, leading me to pause the TrackIR all together. 

The choppy view you're talking about when zoomed in I somewhat counter with more sensitivity. If you try the "one2one" setting it's almost non-existent (to me). Of course this means you need to move your head a lot more to look behind you, so I have setup 2 profiles that I switch between depending on the situation I am in. Basically it's the dyslexci profile and the standard one2one profile. 

For the Devs: The horizontal locking of the mouse happens more often when I use a profile with more radical movements. If I use the one2one-setting it seems too happen less frequent, but it's a problem no matter what. I'm really hoping there'll be a fix to this.  

What I'm accustomed to and what we're expecting of TrackIR, is for it to behave like it does in Arma. To anyone who doesn't know what that looks like - check out this old video: 

I have the stutter/Jitter too!

Intel i9 9900K
32GB Ram
RTX2080 Ti

What's up Bohemia please?

I have this locked in horizontal panning quite often with my Track IR in DayZ . DayZ, please fix! Arma 3 no problems. What's the problem then?

Hi there BI,

I'm still having issues with TrackIR and jittering ONLY with DayZ, not ARMA 3. Can I get some help?

Cheers

Greenie