Sign in to follow this  
Vitamin cock water

Windows cannot access this file

I've gotten this error several times now, I believe it is caused by battlEye.

First pubg and now dayz either of them work both uninstalled and reinstalled nothing.

I even tried giving access to the files nothing is working.  I uninstalled batteye nothing.

I can launch DayZ_x64.exe in admin which will bypass the error until I load into a server once i'm about to load in I get the error.

I'm not sure what I can do. Also if it matters I'm running 1903 windows with an OS build of 18917.1000

The error

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DayZ\Dayz_x64.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the approriate permissions to access the item.

Hopefully I can get some help.

Edited by Vitamin cock water

14 hours ago, Vitamin cock water said:

I've gotten this error several times now, I believe it is caused by battlEye.

First pubg and now dayz either of them work both uninstalled and reinstalled nothing.

I even tried giving access to the files nothing is working.  I uninstalled batteye nothing.

I can launch DayZ_x64.exe in admin which will bypass the error until I load into a server once i'm about to load in I get the error.

I'm not sure what I can do. Also if it matters I'm running 1903 windows with an OS build of 18917.1000

The error

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DayZ\Dayz_x64.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the approriate permissions to access the item.

Hopefully I can get some help.

You need to raise this as a bug issue. If you go to Bug reports, create a profile and make a report, they can and will help you.

8 hours ago, aux7 said:

You need to raise this as a bug issue. If you go to Bug reports, create a profile and make a report, they can and will help you.

Just completed a bug report thank you for informing me!