Sign in to follow this  
Oktoberfest110

Is everyone on Chernarus working as a Car Builder ?

Hello everyone and sorry if the topic was brought up before.

There is a point I want to discuss about cars in DayZ. And it's about the parts that you find in the game to repair cars. An example will maybe illustrate what I want to communicate.

I try to repair a Golf II Günther in Chernogorsk. As you may know, there are a lot of places where you can find car parts.
So far I've found in 1 hour:

- 1 cooler
- 1 car battery
- 2 fuel jerrycan
- 12 car hoods
- 8 back doors
- 4 front doors
- 7 hatches.
- 0 Tires from any kind.

So, here is my question: Is everybody in Chernarus working in car manufacturing and do they get car doors and hatches and hoods when they retire or as a sort of alternative payment, or is it plain stupid that so many car parts are scattered around BUT NOT A SINGLE WHEEL?

I mean, where I live, it's common that people have to use winter then summer tires depending on the time of the year. So you usually find wheels in every third basement, and lots of tires are stored in halls by car garages. But here in Chernarus, NOOO, the people collect doors! Do they have to change their doors or hatches or hoods when winter comes, but not the tires?

Sorry for the rant, but honestly... Cars are already rare items. Having to run around trying to fix them is OK if you can find the necessary parts for it to run. But here, running around for ours and finding only car body parts is tremendously boring. Please look that more tires spawn instead of body parts. This would be closer to the reality by a lot.

42 minutes ago, Oktoberfest110 said:

I try to repair a Golf II Günther in Chernogorsk. As you may know, there are a lot of places where you can find car parts.
So far I've found in 1 hour:

- 1 cooler
- 1 car battery
- 2 fuel jerrycan
- 12 car hoods
- 8 back doors
- 4 front doors
- 7 hatches.
- 0 Tires from any kind.

So, here is my question: Is everybody in Chernarus working in car manufacturing and do they get car doors and hatches and hoods when they retire or as a sort of alternative payment, or is it plain stupid that so many car parts are scattered around BUT NOT A SINGLE WHEEL?

I mean, where I live, it's common that people have to use winter then summer tires depending on the time of the year. So you usually find wheels in every third basement, and lots of tires are stored in halls by car garages. But here in Chernarus, NOOO, the people collect doors! Do they have to change their doors or hatches or hoods when winter comes, but not the tires?

Sorry for the rant, but honestly... Cars are already rare items. Having to run around trying to fix them is OK if you can find the necessary parts for it to run. But here, running around for ours and finding only car body parts is tremendously boring. Please look that more tires spawn instead of body parts. This would be closer to the reality by a lot.

I presume you are finding Gunther parts, I am trying to rebuild a Gunther too, and I am only finding Olga parts

37 minutes ago, aux7 said:

I presume you are finding Gunther parts, I am trying to rebuild a Gunther too, and I am only finding Olga parts

Nah, Volga, Lada, VW... But not a single wheel.

So, after exploring 90% of Cherno today, I managed to repair the Günther. I found 1 wheel. The rest I scavenged from other cars... Damn.