RagedDrew

Pistol Suppressors - Do they work?

Just found my first suppressor but noticed infected still aggro when firing, is this intended? I don't think they do on PC but not sure.

They do aggro but with a smaller range. This is intended as well 🙂

On 6/29/2019 at 7:07 AM, Lt.Master said:

They do aggro but with a smaller range. This is intended as well 🙂

Ive used most suppressors and on both versions EXP and stable and when you pop 1 zed close range half his mates in the town is drawn to you, In reality a suppressed weapon should only be audible from a distance of about 10-20 meters at most using a assault rifle, a pistol should be less unless a constant fire rate is made to amplify the muzzle sounds, I still think the zeds are reacting to far away , Ive seen them react from a 100m away just from a single pistol shot which shouldnt happen at all, Maybe DEV's need to tweak the zeds and maybe introduce some variants like blind zeds, deaf zeds etc.. which would make the immersion better and more inline with realism factors.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Ive used most suppressors and on both versions EXP and stable and when you pop 1 zed close range half his mates in the town is drawn to you, In reality a suppressed weapon should only be audible from a distance of about 10-20 meters at most using a assault rifle, a pistol should be less unless a constant fire rate is made to amplify the muzzle sounds, I still think the zeds are reacting to far away , Ive seen them react from a 100m away just from a single pistol shot which should happen at all, Maybe DEV's need to tweak the zeds and maybe introduce some variants like blind zeds, deaf zeds etc.. which would make the immersion better and more inline with realism factors.

Umm... 10-20 meters "in reality"? Seriously, have you ever heard a gun with a suppressor being fired?

If someone fired a pistol with a suppressor 20 meters from you, you couldn't miss it... and you think a suppressed AK would not be heard 10 meters away??

Up to v1.3 - pistol suppressors worked better than they do now. Pistol suppressor was better at close range. But rifle suppressors never worked well. From long distances of 100-300 meters, the player has always received a detection for Zed.

Yes I have heard a pistol suppressor in an open area and in a confined area and it is only accompanied by a "suppression echo" or whip crack and not a "impact echo" as the suppressed sound bounces of nearby areas but is no where near as loud, around the 120db area sometimes less for suppressors, This is what we are referring to not the actual sound as a whole, but the impact sound being the trigger for zeds and not the suppression sound, so forgive my terminology perhaps a max of 30-50meters away would be easier to understand verse the up to 800meters to 1klm away or more for a non suppressed weapon, and of course it also comes down to environment factors of how the sound is bounced, suppressed or non suppressed.

I forgot to add that some suppressors can be used "wet" or "dry", so if they are wet type they are even more quieter, but im referring to "dry" type suppression.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

At the moment on console, one shot from a suppressed pistol brings the whole town down on you. I don't even pick them up anymore. I'm pretty sure this is bugged as it's only been like this since the accidental update. I stick with melee now for zeds.