Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

Did DayZ Development partially stopped?

15 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Well it seems like you can't be convinced. 

Dude, i had the same view as yours like a years ago, i've seen in DayZ big potential, i defended it from all haters or "not fixed in years" type of flamers which probs took more hours than actual gameplay in dayz of mine ( i still do especially outside of this forum, i feel like only on this forum i can roast/critique dayz, because ppl here are dayz players and not some haters/random trolls who only plays fartnite )  until i somewhat became one of them, just the difference is that i know more than these typical haters and i understand the struggle of dayz devs.

Edited by exacomvm

1 hour ago, exacomvm said:

Dude, i had the same view as yours like a years ago..

I was talking more about the game engine debate. You're totally within your right to like or dislike the game. The only people I tend to argue outright with are those claiming that DayZ is noting but an elaborate scam.

As for the game, I'm generally in the "happy clapper" group of people, but I'm not a fanboi. I honestly think they've missed the boat to an extent. The iron, when it was hot, was not struck to use another idiom. The console versions and the genuine improvement in the PC version over the last few months may bring people back but it's yesterday's game. It's obviously not intentional, but BI killed the golden goose. At SA launch DayZ was the zeitgeist, even today you can mention DayZ and a glint will appear in the eyes of some gamers but that glint is about those early experiences not the ones now. Mods will help and could possibly turn the game around if there was a mod for DayZ in the same way DayZ was a mod for Arma.

For me, if BI can fit in enough survival elements as opposed to making it PvP heavy (although keeping PvP prominent) and there is enough of a community that continues to play it then I don't think I could ask for much more.

3 hours ago, rickyriot said:

I was talking more about the game engine debate. You're totally within your right to like or dislike the game. The only people I tend to argue outright with are those claiming that DayZ is noting but an elaborate scam.

As for the game, I'm generally in the "happy clapper" group of people, but I'm not a fanboi. I honestly think they've missed the boat to an extent. The iron, when it was hot, was not struck to use another idiom. The console versions and the genuine improvement in the PC version over the last few months may bring people back but it's yesterday's game. It's obviously not intentional, but BI killed the golden goose. At SA launch DayZ was the zeitgeist, even today you can mention DayZ and a glint will appear in the eyes of some gamers but that glint is about those early experiences not the ones now. Mods will help and could possibly turn the game around if there was a mod for DayZ in the same way DayZ was a mod for Arma.

For me, if BI can fit in enough survival elements as opposed to making it PvP heavy (although keeping PvP prominent) and there is enough of a community that continues to play it then I don't think I could ask for much more.

As for the game DayZ seems dead to me, the developers totally fucked it up. They introduced features nobody was asking for, basically the whole dayz experience got denied by developers and it will take couple of years more to make dayz as it should be.
Fuck dayz and its team thats what i got to say. ( i wish i were their supervisor, it would've made the game alot better in no time ).

Edited by exacomvm

10 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Fuck dayz and its team thats what i got to say. ( i wish i were their supervisor, it would've made the game alot better in no time ).

Got to say, for me that's a very harsh response. I paid £14 six years ago for SA and have definitely got the value (many times over out) of it. I think it's testament that people show that level of anger towards a game's development. Are you as harsh with every other developer out there?

Sure it's not gone the way I'd hoped but at no time do I think the developers have in any way shown malice towards the community. A "cloth ear", perhaps but not malice. I honestly believe that the changes made were done to improve the title, with an eye on future development and mods.

Edited by rickyriot

1 hour ago, rickyriot said:

Got to say, for me that's a very harsh response. I paid £14 six years ago for SA and have definitely got the value (many times over out) of it. I think it's testament that people show that level of anger towards a game's development. Are you as harsh with every other developer out there?

Sure it's not gone the way I'd hoped but at no time do I think the developers have in any way shown malice towards the community. A "cloth ear", perhaps but not malice. I honestly believe that the changes made were done to improve the title, with an eye on future development and mods.

Well, some day you will experience DayZ as i do and you will be replacing me in these forums soon. 
It took long time for me to break from dayz fanboi, so i guess you will be facing hard time also.

Bohemia maybe does great job on the engine but Dayz is like "fuck it".

Edited by exacomvm

2 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Well, some day you will experience DayZ as i do and you will be replacing me in these forums soon.

Doubt it, I've been on this forum since 2014 and the game has been in much worse states than it is now. 😉

18 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Doubt it, I've been on this forum since 2014 and the game has been in much worse states than it is now. 😉

I might be late on this forum but i've played DayZ SA from pretty much day 1 since i was playing mod before it came out and i was super excited so got it the same hour i've realized its available, I would say when it was in worse states it was somewhat forgivable, because it's been faster development or nearly in very start, but the worst things are at its peak right now, just seems like the devs given up on this game and probably they spend most of the time just talking in the office or browsing facebook/youtube when there's no supervisors around ( that shit happens alot trust me here i've included video about it and doesn't matter if you're in your job or working as freelancer at home, i get this shit soo often even on exciting projects and when you have it its sooo hard to even physically move your mice, just totally mentally exhausting so if the devs worked for years on dayz they're probs asked "Do the same shit just better" and they're like "oh come on, im tired of this shit" ofcourse its just an complete assumption and doesn't mean its like that but you get the point ).

DayZ could've been fully developed like year ago if their director/CEO truly wanted that ( basically the guy who has over 25millions in the bank from dayz sales ) because that budget goes for AAA titles, so if they wanted they could've increased the team size to over 100people ( for example take the whole Arma 3 department or hire Warhorse Studios which is former very best BI artists according to my Czech friend and knows the engine ).

Also one more thing, so i jumped into DayZ, spawned at coast as usual, climbed on tower found some stuff, then i slided down and had like 8 cuts then after 2 bandage uses the bandages literally stopped working ( loading wheel just cancels out instantly ) then i had to commit not alive because i was going to die anyway.
Yeah much work have been done, but most basic stuff totally missed out. Also i saw glitched aggro'ed zombie on road stairs that was running in circles which later went into "idle" mode as i got closer and back to aggro.. pretty good "AI" there too.

P.S. The current DayZ is not 1.0, it's 0.64, True v1.0 probs will be in few years and i hope i will be fanboi again, because currently it's like love/hate relationship.

Edited by exacomvm

On 6/27/2019 at 5:22 AM, exacomvm said:

I might be late on this forum but i've played DayZ SA from pretty much day 1 since i was playing mod before it came out

Not that I want to turn this into a pissing contest, but I too was an early adopter of the mod. I loved the webpage that listed how many people had died in the first 20 (or was it 30?) minutes. At one point I think it was running at about 80% of all people playing were getting killed within that time limit.