Sign in to follow this  
Bobbenxo

halp T_T Server hostname character cap?

So ive been editing my servers cfg file to get the hostname i want for my rented servers name. one problem ive stumbled into is whenever i put more than 64 characters in the name, our server name gets cut in half.

i was told by a different server admin on a discord that the hostname character cap is currently 96 characters. so why am i not able to exceed 64 characters? im 100% positive i do not have any "illegal" characters in the name..

ive asked my host about the TCAadmin panel thingy they use if there is a variable somewhere that maybe they havent changed or increased. but was told that no such things exists.

so my question is. how do i increase my server hostname to 96 characters as i see LOADS of servers with MUCH longer names than mine. this is an example of our current servername

hostname = "[This is an example]Of our current hostname|I am getting very frustrated|Someone please rescue me| I think you get the point"; // Server name 

Hello 🙂

I've never had this issue so it's only speculation.

By any chance, is your server provider is overwritting the hostname value to add a promotional name at the end ? Like "My servername is here - Powered by this awesome company nobody knows" ?

Can you write us the complete name of your server (the name you want to use) ? It's maybe a missing typo or something really obvious... We never know 😂

Edited by Lt.Master

Sure can do buddy thanks for the reply.

here is our current hostname = "[MFPS]Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squad|Animals+";// Server name

this is what i would like to change it too hostname = "[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squad|Hunting+|";// Server name

ive tried multiple combinations. even just adding nothing but 123456 after our current server name until i get over the cap i mentioned. and as soon as i do. our server name gets cut to exactly this

"[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squa

This is an absolute guess, but what if you take the last | off the end?

So change it from:

hostname = "[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squad|Hunting+|";// Server name

to

hostname = "[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squad|Hunting+";// Server name

If that doesn't work and if you haven't already, open a bug tracker ticket for this so that you can get help from the source with it.

Allright homie thanks alot for the response. i'll give it a test and get back too you with the results.

Just to recap.

[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squad|Hunting+|

is 80 long

[MFPS]3PP|Spawnselect|Loot+|Traders|Enhanced Meds|FPS+|Fido-Mass-Squa

is 69 long

I have to admit I have no clue at all.. It's not a int limit (1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128) and it's not the server provider... With DZSALauncher you have the same issue ? Or you only tryed with the server browser inside the game ?

the name gets cut off in the ingame browser + dzsalauncher. and in battlemetrics aswell.

the cut name example  i gave you were just an example. the name gets cut down to 64 chars everytime. (i counted them)