Kodie Collings

Fireplace Despawn time?

I have made two fires at my base.

One with a tripod and cooking pot?

1. How long does tripod fire last until despawn?

2. Do the stones around the fire add to the despawn time or have any other effect?

2nd Fire is an open made of rocks

3. How long does the stone oven last until despawn?

Hello 🙂

Any fireplace inside a house will despawn after 30 real life minutes (here we are talking only about the fire inside the chimney)

Any fireplace ouside a house with or without attachements (tripod, stones, pot) will despawn after 2 real life hours.

1 hour ago, Lt.Master said:

Hello 🙂

Any fireplace inside a house will despawn after 30 real life minutes (here we are talking only about the fire inside the chimney)

Any fireplace ouside a house with or without attachements (tripod, stones, pot) will despawn after 2 real life hours.

Only 2 hours?!

Damn bye bye Tripod and cooking pot then

20 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

Hello 🙂

I'll assume this applies to ashes too? It would be cool if you could judge how old a fire was from its temperature to determine how long ago someone was there! 

28 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'll assume this applies to ashes too? It would be cool if you could judge how old a fire was from its temperature to determine how long ago someone was there! 

Looks like the ashes are classified as a fireplace.... So even if it would be awesome to see something that indicate you someone was there.... We currently can't in officials servers (community and modded servers can tweak that tho)

On 6/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This is a brilliant thought. Just have the item decay over time from hot ash, to warm ash, to ash. Each designated state would have a specific time equivalent. 10, 20, 30, then it disappears?

On 6/18/2019 at 3:12 PM, Kodie Collings said:

Only 2 hours?!

Damn bye bye Tripod and cooking pot then

Aye, stones and tripods only count as attachments to the regular crafted fireplace item, which itself has a very short base lifetime. A fire barrel lasts as any base building element though, so go for that if you are on official servers and want a fireplace that lasts.

On PC server owners can tweak this, so on some community servers you can build stone ovens that last a week or longer. It doesn't seem editing these files will be possible in the first iteration of private servers on console, but we'll see what happens.

Edited by Derleth