Sign in to follow this  
Iotavex

Sending / Receiving data to external programs

Hello scripters,

I wonder if there is a way to use functionality of external programs. I'm going to write a own program which handles playerspawn groups in a database and want to send the playerid from the server to this program to receive a group number.

What I looked for was RPC. But i don't see a way to access external RPC programs. I've also found a the JSON parser but not a way to call an URL to get information.

Another way i thought of was creating and writing files to pass data between. But that is very ugly in my opinion.

Do you have a valueable ideas to pass data between the server and an external program?

On 6/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, Iotavex said:

Hello scripters,

I wonder if there is a way to use functionality of external programs. I'm going to write a own program which handles playerspawn groups in a database and want to send the playerid from the server to this program to receive a group number.

What I looked for was RPC. But i don't see a way to access external RPC programs. I've also found a the JSON parser but not a way to call an URL to get information.

Another way i thought of was creating and writing files to pass data between. But that is very ugly in my opinion.

Do you have a valueable ideas to pass data between the server and an external program?

In arma2 & arma 3 there's an C++/C# (.net) example how to create library. But for DayZ the's no an example of connection and call functions from library yet.

An I think that ther's no any future for that idea.

About DB - there's Hive class, witch have a method allow to connect to MySQL server. But Still no documentation about DB requirements, connection type .

So as result I want to say that there's no need to create application, you need to create a Library for DayZ where you can fetch data from required classes lists and dump 'em into database over your new static library. That's all for now what I know about DayZ DB futures. Also I think that DayZ Dev don't give an opportunity to override default file hive.