Sign in to follow this  
GolemNo9

What map if any at all ?

What map does everyone use and why if any at all. I myself am able to traverse most the nap with little problem unless I'm looking to meet up with people in towns I rarely visit or when I'm directing others where to go via party chat. 

I have used Isurvive and just wasnt a fan of the bland map itself. Just not very detailed. But at least you can constantly ping each others current positions.

I do love dayz.xam.nu map and how detailed it is using a satellite view for the map which you can still turn on or off several options of what you do and dobt want to see on the map. I can easily give people direction and Azmith if they happen to have a compass or I can use natural limiting boundary features like streams to help people navigate or to know when they should change direction. Terrian features are much more useful if the other person using the same map can see what you are talking about. 

IZurvive has topographic and satellite option. 

The satellite looks exactly like dayz xam

I use the iZurvive map, but the longer I play the less reliant I become on using the map as I’m becoming very familiar with different sections of the map.

I've used the satellite version and for showing landmarks for bodies of water it's just not the same. It shows just small Mark's instead of basically a blue line giving you an exact location and direction of the water source. And it seams to have more options to turn on and off to see than the izurvive app as well. But it still a good app especially for pinging teammates locations 

Sign in to follow this