Zalic

Vest armor

Do assault vest, tactical vest and field vest offer any armor type protection. I usually have a plate carrier on. I know that offers protection. Seen it first hand but im not sure about other vest. I have a Dayz app with armour ratings but its confusing because the plate carrier is rated at 40% and other vest at 90% and im not sure how their numbers are working. What say you comrades?

No just the plate carriers and the press ballistic vests. The assault vest and field vest are just to maximize inventory. The stab vest also offers some armor to melee attacks but none to projectile. You can add pouches and a pistol holster to the Plate carrier which increases inventory pouches hold 24 space, and the holster frees up 8 inventory in your bag by holding your pistol. If you PVP slot or do raids anything like that I reccomend always having the plate carrier or press vest on. If you don't see other players very much you can wear the others but personally I never take my plate carrier off its saved my ass more then once. 

What app do you use?? It could be grading the vest on functionality of it's intended use because I know the Plate carrier is really really heavy and lowers your stamina. 

Thanks for the info. Very useful. I myself never take off my plate carrier. Ive grown accustomed to the extra load. And inventory around it. I think the app is called Central for dayz. I got it from the android app store. It was rated #1 so i just downloaded it. I mainly use it for the map. Plus i can sync up locations with friends.

So is plate carrier more protective against ballistics than Tac Vest?

details from DayZ wiki

HqlN5n5.png

On 6/6/2019 at 2:30 AM, Zalic said:

Do assault vest, tactical vest and field vest offer any armor type protection.

yes

plate carrier is the best, followed by the ballistic "press" vest then the stab vest

On 6/6/2019 at 2:30 AM, Zalic said:

I have a Dayz app with armour ratings but its confusing because the plate carrier is rated at 40% and other vest at 90% and im not sure how their numbers are working.

this is my take on the numbers . . 

plate carrier 40% - bullet will cause 40% of normal damage

assault vest 90% - bullet will cause 90% of normal damage

The numbers are somewhat confusing, with "zero" you can assume it gives no protection, but what then does "one" mean?

5 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

So is plate carrier more protective against ballistics than Tac Vest?

yes

to be protected (survive being shot) you need one of the tactical (40%)/ballistic (50%)/combat (50%)/assault (50%)/hardhat (50%) helmets. On youtube there are the videos showing no facial hitbox, so these helmets are complete coverage. I think they showed a makarov taking seven shots to put someone down, three shots with a AK

I got shot with a plate carrier and hat and was knocked unconscious (by an M4). So its plate carrier and helmet for me next time .. .

If I can find a plate carrier, I wear it with the pouches. The weight bug was a pain though - almost zero stamina. I dont know if thats been fixed yet (Im on pc and I havent found one recently)