Steve Simpson

Xbox Controls that should be added

Controls on the Xbox controller that should be ADDED to the game.

Cycling the quick slot menu with 'Y'. i.e changing weapons, the quick slot wheel is rather clumsy.

Picking up clothing items from the floor. 'X' top pick up but with a side option to equip  which would replace that item of clothing on the player.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 6:13 AM, Steve Simpson said:

Controls on the Xbox controller that should be ADDED to the game.

Cycling the quick slot menu with 'Y'. i.e changing weapons, the quick slot wheel is rather clumsy.

Picking up clothing items from the floor. 'X' top pick up but with a side option to equip  which would replace that item of clothing on the player.

These are both not going to happen.

1. Quick Slot Cycle with Y was already REMOVED because it is ineffective, tedious and much more clumsy. I can agree with the circular wheel being a bit clumsy as you can accidentally roll the stick to a direction that wasn’t wanted, it should be more of a block type or squares or something - but the fact that having to cycle thru every single item in your quick slot every single time to get to a certain slot is far less efficient than the current system. Ex: Youve got 4 quick slots active, knife, gun, binoculars and bandage. For the cycle system, to switch from your gun to your bandage you’d have to press Y twice, then press Y twice again to switch back to your gun. Press once to go to binoculars but then have to press another three times just to get back to your gun since it only cycles in one direction. With the current system, you can quickly manage your major used items in cardinal directions which are the easiest to flick to (N,E,S,W / up down left right) and then minor items in the intermediate diagonal spots, and you can easily and quickly switch back and forth between let’s say your gun to your bandage back to your gun with simple quick flicks of the stick and then easily equip and un-equip the same item; let’s say putting your gun away to show friendly intentions to a stranger. You CANT do these types of things with a cycle system. Your idea is a failure and hence why it was already removed when it was in the game before. 

2. There won’t ever be any “quick-replace” options in DayZ, as the game is meant to be very hardcore and unforgiving. Game actions are meant to mimic real life as closely as possible - you can’t just replace clothing on you, you have to take off what you’re wearing first, drop it out of your hands, and then put your new shirt on. And just like in real life, if you took your pants off and put on a different pair, and then wandered around all day and then holy shit I cant find my car keys!? Because you never took the item out of the pocket before you switched clothing items - just as the game does. If you took off a backpack and put on a different one in real life - would the items in the first bag magically transport into the new one? Nope. This is the whole point of the game! No auto reloading, no magically just finding a gun and having a mag full of ammo in it, no magic red bull cans that give you extra boosts - This game is meant to be tough and frustrating and seperate the hardcore from the casuals.

This isn’t PUBG - and this game isn’t meant to hold your hand. 

@wh1skey_ I bet the majority would like to get back the option to equip your weapon by pressing Y rather than now you need to completely stop and select your gun by 3 button actions just to fail and jump where you stopped lmao that shit has happened so many times.

Oh the dayz when I could run empty handed and only draw my gun with 1 press of a button if needed.

Can't wait to try the game with kb&m when they add it. Going to be playing on PC at the end of the summer anyway. At this pace and things I've seen added and taken away I don't believe you can ever have a fluid experience on consoles, not if they keep ignoring our QoL suggestions.

Edited by nikoor