andysuter

Any EU based RP servers?

Is there any servers out there that try and steer players away from KOS? I currently play on a server with a friend from the forum which is meant to be a RP server but its becoming more and more KOS from non RP players. When an RP server becomes KOS from campers, it makes it no different to any official public server. Its now just making us more inclined to KOS ourselves, rather than try and hail the players we have spotted and try and interact 

Ideally an EU server based on vanilla or few mods. We are a couple of mature/sensible players

Edited by andysuter

23 minutes ago, andysuter said:

Is there any servers out there that try and steer players away from KOS? I currently play on a server with a friend from the forum which is meant to be a RP server but its becoming more and more KOS from non RP players. When an RP server becomes KOS from campers, it makes it no different to any official public server. Its now just making us more inclined to KOS ourselves, rather than try and hail the players we have spotted and try and interact 

Ideally an EU server based on vanilla or few mods. We are a couple of mature/sensible players

As soon as a server becomes popular there will be a certain amount of players who only come there to shoot at other players, as that is their only purpose with playing the game and they gravitate to high population servers since there are more targets there - and an RP server with mostly friendly people makes for easy targets as well. I have played on - and abandoned - a number of RP servers for this reason. When every single interaction is boom boom pewpew shoot-on-sight I get bored. My recommendation would be to search for servers tagged as RP and/or PvE, possibly passworded or whitelisted, to get away from the pewpew mindset. Sadly, most such servers are sparsely populated for the very same reason popular servers become KOS-fests.

So, you'll have less interactions on these servers, but the upside is when you finally meet someone the encounter will be far more interesting. Downside is when there is NO pvp a crucial part of DayZ is missing too, the element of mistrust and uncertainty.

20 minutes ago, Derleth said:

As soon as a server becomes popular there will be a certain amount of players who only come there to shoot at other players, as that is their only purpose with playing the game and they gravitate to high population servers since there are more targets there - and an RP server with mostly friendly people makes for easy targets as well. I have played on - and abandoned - a number of RP servers for this reason. When every single interaction is boom boom pewpew shoot-on-sight I get bored. My recommendation would be to search for servers tagged as RP and/or PvE, possibly passworded or whitelisted, to get away from the pewpew mindset. Sadly, most such servers are sparsely populated for the very same reason popular servers become KOS-fests.

So, you'll have less interactions on these servers, but the upside is when you finally meet someone the encounter will be far more interesting. Downside is when there is NO pvp a crucial part of DayZ is missing too, the element of mistrust and uncertainty.

Thanks for the reply. Ive had a look through but theres loads that state RP/PVE, its hard to find one that actually any good.

I agree, pvp is a must in Dayz or it would become boring. For me its more about HOW the pvp is done, rather than amount or where. When you get taken out by a fully kitted pvp camper just sat waiting for people to come by, it just kills the immersion and is nothing more than a crap version of call of duty.

• Like 1

I know DUG isn’t in the EU, but the ping is acceptable for someone from the UK. It’s definitely one of the best rp server out there, and there aren’t too many rules, so you still get to be nervous.