h0logram

Proper upgrading of Dayz server

Hi ,

What files should we be saving when backing up a Dayz server so we don't lose the characters and world.

Thanks,

Edited by h0logram

in the mission folder you have a folder named "storage_-1". It's where your characters, bases, vehicles are saved.

SC0spFI.png

15 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

in the mission folder you have a folder named "storage_-1". It's where your characters, bases, vehicles are saved.

DhmPFFu.png

As far as I know, it is only your characters stored there - "players.db"

you cannot save the world  . . .  as far as I know.

Edited by aux7

2 minutes ago, aux7 said:

DhmPFFu.png

As far as I know, it is only your characters stored there - "players.db"

you cannot save the world  . . .  as far as I know.

Inside the "data" folder you have the vehicles... for the... vehicles. But we also have the events for the heli crash, police car and we have the "dynamic_xxx" which store the tents, walls, ect.

You won't lose your players, bases, etc in a DayZ update. It only updates certain server files and not the database files. However, if it makes you feel better, make a copy of your storage_# folder before updating. If you ever move your server to a new host or dedicated server, you can copy the storage_# folder to the new server and keep everything.

• Like 1

When I update my servers I delete the ServerDZ.cfg and the Battleye.cfg and keep my original files so all my edits are still the same (if any changes in the ServerDZ.cfg then I add those changes into my current file also), Then I just copy and paste all inside DayZ Server folder.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS