Sign in to follow this  
Dillwhop

Vehicle lag and rubber banding

It seems that when ever my server population gets above 40 players vehicles lag extremely bad. They are basically un drveable. but once the server pop goes back down they are fine. My server is modded. Im running it from a vps but with only 8gb of ram. it never goes above 7gb of usage and cpu usage is never above 20%.

Is the server being throttled by the ram or is this just a dayz issue?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Dillwhop said:

a vps but with only 8gb of ram. it never goes above 7gb of usage and cpu usage is never above 20%.

yo @Dillwhop

what OS ?
what are you using to check your ram and CPU usage ?

IMO paging bottleneck

check out : (wikipedia)
- "paging"

- "thrashing"
- "swap death"

then search the web   " vps 8gb ram problem "

xxp

@pilgrim* I upgraded my servers ram from 8gb to 12gb and it made no difference. vehicles keep lagging (going from like 10mph to 100mph suddenly) with 50 players on. ram usage is currently sitting at 6.7gb and cpu usage is at 30-40% of 8 cores. Im kinda leaning towards mods causing the issues at this point but im not sure anymore.

Edited by Dillwhop

16 hours ago, Dillwhop said:

@pilgrim* I upgraded my servers ram from 8gb to 12gb and it made no difference. vehicles keep lagging (going from like 10mph to 100mph suddenly) with 50 players on. ram usage is currently sitting at 6.7gb and cpu usage is at 30-40% of 8 cores. Im kinda leaning towards mods causing the issues at this point but im not sure anymore.

which SP are you hiring your vpn from ?
or  ..   (dumb question? )  .. are you running it from home ?