Sign in to follow this  
CrookedTube

Standalone Server Lag When Driving

I converted an old gaming PC into a DayZ Server for a private game. In the last 80-ish hours of playing I've crashed 5 ADA vehicles and 4 of those times were when the game paused on the client side for 2-3 seconds while the vehicle kept moving in the server. Result, crashed car. I don't have these lag issues while running or looking at inventory, only while driving. 

The server PC is a Dell 8700 with 12G Ram (DDR 3), I7 @ 2.67 GHz. DayZ never takes more than 45% of the server PC available memory and usually less than 20% of the CPU. My question is, do any other server owners have this driving-lag issue? Is it my server host? Any ideas?

Thanks,

CrookedTube

6 hours ago, CrookedTube said:

I converted an old gaming PC into a DayZ Server for a private game. In the last 80-ish hours of playing I've crashed 5 ADA vehicles and 4 of those times were when the game paused on the client side for 2-3 seconds while the vehicle kept moving in the server. Result, crashed car. I don't have these lag issues while running or looking at inventory, only while driving. 

The server PC is a Dell 8700 with 12G Ram (DDR 3), I7 @ 2.67 GHz. DayZ never takes more than 45% of the server PC available memory and usually less than 20% of the CPU. My question is, do any other server owners have this driving-lag issue? Is it my server host? Any ideas?

Thanks,

CrookedTube

I had the same problem, except owning a server, and the problem was my HARD DRIVE. Game was freezing for 2 or 3 seconds, especially when entering big cities. I changed my hard drive to and SSD and now it flows like a water.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:18 AM, BAHADIR said:

I had the same problem, except owning a server, and the problem was my HARD DRIVE. Game was freezing for 2 or 3 seconds, especially when entering big cities. I changed my hard drive to and SSD and now it flows like a water.

We were experiencing this on our LAN server for my son's computer, and after reading your post, we fixed it with a spare SSD I had laying around (it's very small, basically just for DayZ) and that took him from 10-20 fps around cities to a solid and unwavering 60 fps.  I just wanted to say thanks!!

• Beans 1