NotABanana0

Scope ignores IronsightsExcludingOptics

As of latest exp patch, my custom scope on my custom rifle is excluding ironsights, despite not being in ironsightsExcludingOptics. The way it's set up, the scope is mounted above the ironsights, so that you can use irons even if it's attached, and this has worked until experimental. I'm wondering if any devs can let me know how I can get it functioning the way it was before. Thanks!

1 hour ago, NotABanana0 said:

As of latest exp patch, my custom scope on my custom rifle is excluding ironsights, despite not being in ironsightsExcludingOptics. The way it's set up, the scope is mounted above the ironsights, so that you can use irons even if it's attached, and this has worked until experimental. I'm wondering if any devs can let me know how I can get it functioning the way it was before. Thanks!

How did THAT work in the game = which keys ?? and what ACTIONS.??   - When you raise the rifle to your eye [AIM]  you see EITHER across the iron sights/front post OR you see through the Scope - You can't do both with one keypress. But you say there WERE two options (different keystrokes) that permitted EITHER ?

< even IRL it's a choice you just really HAVE to make when you shoot. I've tried: aiming with both together don't work good >.. 
Seriously - If you want to look down iron sights in DayZ, take your scope off.. it's kind of simple & low-tech but it works.

Or if you want to be HOT - use a script that takes keypress X and tells your [AIM] sequence the gun has NO SCOPE [so you don't call that whole optic effect & zoom] you go straight to standard ironsight view  - then you'll only get iron sight view - but you'll still SEE the scope above your camera viewpoint because it is still attached to the object, when you look down the iron sights.
For key toggle use same method as Auto / Semi-Auto  - you don't need a visible marker, because you just have to look down the rifle to see which you have toggled.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

On 3/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, pilgrim* said:

How did THAT work in the game = which keys ?? and what ACTIONS.??   - When you raise the rifle to your eye [AIM]  you see EITHER across the iron sights/front post OR you see through the Scope - You can't do both with one keypress. But you say there WERE two options (different keystrokes) that permitted EITHER ?

< even IRL it's a choice you just really HAVE to make when you shoot. I've tried: aiming with both together don't work good >.. 
Seriously - If you want to look down iron sights in DayZ, take your scope off.. it's kind of simple & low-tech but it works.

Or if you want to be HOT - use a script that takes keypress X and tells your [AIM] sequence the gun has NO SCOPE [so you don't call that whole optic effect & zoom] you go straight to standard ironsight view  - then you'll only get iron sight view - but you'll still SEE the scope above your camera viewpoint because it is still attached to the object, when you look down the iron sights.
For key toggle use same method as Auto / Semi-Auto  - you don't need a visible marker, because you just have to look down the rifle to see which you have toggled.

Same way it works with PSO sights. You ADS into iron sights, then scroll up into scope. Here's an image to help you better understand why both options can be available since you seem to think the scope is in the way of the sights: 4rrclmw.jpg

To clarify, it seems your response is assuming I don't know what I'm doing. Trust me, I do, and the only people who will likely be able to remedy this are the devs.

Edited by NotABanana0

1 hour ago, NotABanana0 said:

Same way it works with PSO sights. You ADS into iron sights, then scroll up into scope. Here's an image to help you better understand why both options can be available since you seem to think the scope is in the way of the sights: 4rrclmw.jpg

To clarify, it seems your response is assuming I don't know what I'm doing. Trust me, I do, and the only people who will likely be able to remedy this are the devs.

I did not quite understand ... on the screen shot ...
Now it is impossible to use an iron sight? or is it just raised hands with a rifle, and also close the view on the crosshairs?

On 3/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, NotABanana0 said:

Same way it works with PSO sights. You ADS into iron sights, then scroll up into scope

thanks for the above  - that was exactly the question I asked

meanwhile ..

Edit : [ scratch the advice I left here on the iron sight/scope branch decision and how to find it in the Earlier version of DayZ Vanilla, before the last update <and include that old version mechanic as if it were one of your Mods> - as you point out, you "know what you're doing"]   Not much point in me helping you out.

Put In A Bug Report

- did I mention that using iron sights "you'll still SEE the scope above your camera viewpoint because it is still attached to the object" - yes I said that.  You may know what you're doing but you don't know what you're reading

Think of it as the FUN of modding

Edited by pilgrim*

For anyone finding this page wondering how to fix the issue, 1.02 introduced a new bool for weapons 'CanEnterIronsights'. So if you want a scope to work alongside ironsights like a PSO you will need to add that to your rifles script class to return true with that scope attached, as currently it will return false always if an optic is present.