combatvolcano

not fun to die to campers

I love how completely full of internet tough guys this forum is.

Game is kinda fun' date=' I can pretty much log in and find weapons, etc, binocs whatever raid a hospital

but getting established over several hours just to die to yet another asshole camping a supermarket is not fun

add this to the deaths from hackers and camping snipers and it's like a survival game that randomly kills you with almost nothing you can do about it

not fun anymore, it's like a 4 hour round of counterstrike, might as well go back to playing that

[/quote']

Completely your fault. Head into dangerous place, die. Complain. lol your fault.

I love how completely full of internet tough guys this forum is.

Fo reelz yo. "PLAY THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO! STOP MAKING POSTS! THINK LIKE I TELL YOU TO OR YOU ARE WRONG!"

Everyone reading this thread knows exactly who the camper assholes are that are posting in it.

Hudson: ...and they're gonna come in here AND THEY'RE GONNA GET US!

Ripley: Hudson! This little girl survived longer than that with no weapons and no training.

[to Newt]

Ripley: Right?

[Newt apes a salute]

Hudson: Why don't you put her in charge?

Game is kinda fun' date=' I can pretty much log in and find weapons, etc, binocs whatever raid a hospital

but getting established over several hours just to die to yet another asshole camping a supermarket is not fun

add this to the deaths from hackers and camping snipers and it's like a survival game that randomly kills you with almost nothing you can do about it

not fun anymore, it's like a 4 hour round of counterstrike, might as well go back to playing that

[/quote']

Use some fucking tactics you scrub, you can't just wander into a lootspot and expect that no one will be waiting for you.

Go back to counterstrike.

Being impatient and lazy gets you killed in this game.

OP your missing the context of the design. You are relying on previous game experiences to guide your actions in this mod. CS, BF3 might help you aim your weapon but after that patience (not relevant in the previous games) and tactical wit are your tools. Running should be a last ditch action reserved for zombie hordes and trying to dodge sniper fire.

Spend a day dieing none stop and getting used to losing everything over ad over again. Once you figure out the spawn points you can regather the majority of the loot in a 1-2 (depending on loot drop) hour span.

Might not be chopper gear but it will sure be good enough...

I would kind of like to see less one shot killing. ..... It'd give your buddies a chance to save you' date=' bandage you, and continue the adventure.

[/quote']

Arma2 is simulation... wanna see pics of bodies hit by cal. 50 or .308 Win

NOTHING protects you, bodies get slashed.

so beware of the sniper!

OP, you seem to fail to understand how gunfights work in real life. There's no such thing as running in there, hoping the guy around the corner has worse aim just because you iz so 1337 @ 1000s of PvP hours.

It's been slapped in your face multiple times and I'll do it as well: move with cover, keep a low profile as long as possible, don't aggro, DO NOT AGGRO, peek in from the outside, move, loot, get out alive. It's a simple concept really all you need to do is think out of the box.

When most people run up to a square what do they see? A fucking square! I see sniper locations on the hill behind, windows at the bottom of the corner across, a backdoor as escape on the closest building, a possible encounter at the building right and a player on the other side guesstimating just the same thing. That is how you survive. Outhink, outsmart, outshoot. That's all there is to it.

Personally, I think the game is very good and I'm not actually complaining here but my personal opinions/observations are as follows:

I think there should be LESS persistence on death if anything, tents and running back to pickup your old weapons are an issue but I'm not sure how to fix.

Sniper rifles do no good to the game, personally I'd remove them (actually I'd remove them from most games) but I guess that wouldn't be realistic. While on realism, it is a game (or 'anti' game, whatever, at the end of the day you don't die in real life when you die in the game) and therefor any realism arguments are weak as people do things in games that they wouldn't in real life.

You cannot scout for snipers successfully at close range if the sniper is any good and wearing a ghille suit, this is due to the draw distance of the undergrowth, snipers will always have the advantage. It took 3 of us to kill a sniper the other night even though we new roughly where he was and he didn't know we were there at first, we were about 10m from him and couldn't see him, he killed two off us before I got him.

At the end of the day, I don't think the game is the problem, it's the people that play it! :)

lets talk dayz and campers, there are a lot of them... most of them are on a mission,that mission being:

a. get the ghullie suit

b. get a sniper (pref one with thermal or nvg)

c. get some nvgs

d. go to the coast and snipe people that spawn

e. switch servers and repeat d.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to be that 'crazy sniper guy' in DayZ. The map is so big that unless you're in Cherno, Elektro or the NW airfield, chances are you'll never see anyone.

There's also so much more you could do - it's likle being given the keys to a lambourghini and spending the day reverse parking.

if you dont want to die from a camper,be the camper.Camp and scout the area.You dont have to killl everyone you see if you are safe,just thing like a camper,look around,scout,think where you would camp and wait.See if the place is looted,or if there is anything you need in there.I'm not a camper,but you have to think like one in order to avoid them.Also,think that if someone needs supplies he would kill you for them

I just don't understand why anyone would want to be that 'crazy sniper guy' in DayZ. The map is so big that unless you're in Cherno' date=' Elektro or the NW airfield, chances are you'll never see anyone.

There's also so much more you could do - it's likle being given the keys to a lambourghini and spending the day reverse parking.

[/quote']

true, but this is what most of the people playing dayz aim for at the moment... and they will do anything to do so, meaining killing anything or anyone that are in the way of their "mission"...

I love the dawning realization that most of the internet tough guys filling up this forum probably camp Cherno with DMRs, using tags like XxXUSMCsNiPeRGh05tW0lFXxX and jacking off over how tactical they are every time they shoot some random in the back who just finished downloading the game 5 minutes before.

OP your missing the context of the design. You are relying on previous game experiences to guide your actions in this mod. CS' date=' BF3 might help you aim your weapon but after that patience (not relevant in the previous games) and tactical wit are your tools. Running should be a last ditch action reserved for zombie hordes and trying to dodge sniper fire.

Spend a day dieing none stop and getting used to losing everything over ad over again. Once you figure out the spawn points you can regather the majority of the loot in a 1-2 (depending on loot drop) hour span.

Might not be chopper gear but it will sure be good enough...

[/quote']

1-2 hour span? I can get most of what I need usually within 30-45 mins after spawning fresh. Just gotta risk going into the big cities. You got nothing to loose after all.

lets talk dayz and campers' date=' there are a lot of them... most of them are on a mission,that mission being:

a. get the ghullie suit

b. get a sniper (pref one with thermal or nvg)

c. get some nvgs

d. go to the coast and snipe people that spawn

e. switch servers and repeat d.

[/quote']

a. ghuillie suits are kinda rare

b. there are no sniper rifles with thermal or nvg sights

c. nvgs are the rarest item in the game so getting one is very very hard

d. you don't need nvg or thermal sights to snipe people at the coast, most servers that are night time are empty or very low population

e. yea well that is gay, can't do anything about that

I just don't understand why anyone would want to be that 'crazy sniper guy' in DayZ. The map is so big that unless you're in Cherno' date=' Elektro or the NW airfield, chances are you'll never see anyone.

[/quote']

true, but this is what most of the people playing dayz aim for at the moment... and they will do anything to do so, meaining killing anything or anyone that are in the way of their "mission"...

That is a bit over exaggerated generalization right there. However I personally shoot anyone I am not on comms with, I have tried to trust people at the beginning but I was shot in the back every time. I don't blame them, they are not assholes nor are they lamers they are just playing the game, so get over it and really learn to play this game. It has nothing to do with games like CS or BF3, it is much more tactical and harder.

A few tips for people crying about being killed and acting all surprised about it:

1. Use cover as best as you can.

2. Always keep moving when you are out of cover.

3. Regularly check your flanks and rear for anyone who may be following you. It should become a habit even when moving through the wilderness.

4. Don't just run into buildings as if the loot is running away from you. Check the entrances, listen for sounds first before you go in then clear the building before you start looting.

5. If you got a friend with you make sure one of you is on over-watch while the other is clearing a building/looting.

6a. If a sniper has opened up on you and missed his first shot:

a. He is a shit sniper.

b. Move your ass into cover.

c. Use smoke grenades to create extra cover if available.

d. If you have the equipment (i.e weapons) flank his position and try to finish him off or alternatively just avoid him.

6b. If a sniper has opened up on you and got a hit on you:

a. If you are not unconscious, get into cover first before patching yourself up.

b. Use smoke grenades to create extra cover if available.

c. You can also use smoke grenades to cover your retreat and distract the sniper.

Why does everyone assume the people giving real tactical advice are internet tough guys?

They are giving you advice on how to counter their playstyle. SO FUCKING LISTEN TO IT.

Here's how I play:

1. Watch. Look for movement, be it zombie or player, if a night server watch for flares or oddly colored shadows (Caused by chemlights) if you spot another player then->

2. Observe: Not the same as watch, judge the survivor by their gear, mouse over and hear the heart rate, pay attention to their directions and body language. Are they running carelessly past zombies and losing them in housing? If so they are looking for something and want to find it quickly. Are they moving slowly and constantly looking around? They are looking for other players and doing the same thing you are, they may even know where you are.

If after a good five minute lookout the player is gone or you don't see any unusual activity then you move onto->

3. Move. Decide how to play it. If you are still worried about players looting like you, bring a zed train to possible locations then lose the zeds, as they will cause a reaction from the less stable players (fight or Disconnect) and give you info on their locations (once they stop looking for you they will wander towards the other nearest non aggro'd player. If you are worried about overwatch snipers then go slowly. don't make any suspicious movements occur from the zeds. -> now you are nearing your goal. you move onto

4. Listen. There are two hundred thousand other people playing this, odds are you aren't unique in your desires and someone may be in your objective zone, do your best to create a zombie foot step shuffle pattern when moving so as not to alert them. Odds are you will here them Walking, eating or drinking.

5: React. Now that you have as much info as you possibly can, choose your actions.

Fo reelz yo. "PLAY THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO! STOP MAKING POSTS! THINK LIKE I TELL YOU TO OR YOU ARE WRONG!"

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing by telling everyone to stop camping because it's bad and evil and bad(and evil)?

Bloody moron

[/quote']

If you're 4 hours in and still trying to loot supermarkets you're doing it wrong. At that point you are risking way too much by going into hotspots. The only exception is maybe once you run out of morphine and have to goto a hospital.

true' date=' but this is what most of the people playing dayz aim for at the moment... and they will do anything to do so, meaining killing anything or anyone that are in the way of their "mission"...

[/quote']

Every thread I see you in you're posting this ridiculous bullshit about "most people" playing DayZ to murder everyone in sight. And every time you say it, I point out that there's stats right on the front page of this very web site showing you how wrong you are.

Yet, you keep posting it. Over and over.

So you're either ignorant, stupid or deliberately obfuscating the matter in order to support a pre-conceived agenda.

Which is it?