BirdsEyeView

Barrel GUI glitch anyone know a fix?

so recently i decided to make a base with lots of barrels, i collected a few barrels and placed them in the trees, now most of the time some barrels when opened either do not show up in Vicinity at all, or the GUI will be half visible and it will show the left hand half of the normal Barrel inventory GUI on the place of my character, and i can't really interact with the barrel that way.

and when i say the barrel does not show up, i mean i can see the barrel in the vicinity in the top but the inventory GUI is just not there.

if anyone has had this problem before and knows a fix for it please tell me.

20 hours ago, BirdsEyeView said:

so recently i decided to make a base with lots of barrels, i collected a few barrels and placed them in the trees, now most of the time some barrels when opened either do not show up in Vicinity at all, or the GUI will be half visible and it will show the left hand half of the normal Barrel inventory GUI on the place of my character, and i can't really interact with the barrel that way.

and when i say the barrel does not show up, i mean i can see the barrel in the vicinity in the top but the inventory GUI is just not there.

if anyone has had this problem before and knows a fix for it please tell me.

I have / had this problem with one of my barrels placed half submerged in the ocean water at the moment.
2 more barrels with it work fine. but 1 of them comes up in the tab-inventory with only the first 2 columns of inventory slots of the barrel being visible, as its all shifted to the right and being cut off by the character section of the inventory screen, so only 1 or 2 left-hand  columns of Barrel inventory are visible.

12 minutes ago, Cyral said:

I have / had this problem with one of my barrels placed half submerged in the ocean water at the moment.
2 more barrels with it work fine. but 1 of them comes up in the tab-inventory with only the first 2 columns of inventory slots of the barrel being visible, as its all shifted to the right and being cut off by the character section of the inventory screen, so only 1 or 2 left-hand  columns of Barrel inventory are visible.

yeah, it's the exact same problem, it happens with trees too, i've tried approaching the barrel from different angles and it does seem to sometimes work but at other times it might not, it's a bit of trial and error + luck.

Yeah mine is close to a tent and other barrel. Most of the time I open it and see the inventory of the other barrel- or split screen / half screen of the inventory. 

same here, especially if you have several barrels close together or/and to trees, and/or other storage (tent, car)

2 differents behavior :

- I only see the left part of the inventory (like described by Birds and Eno). This seems to be less likely to occur if you have 2 barrels opened at the same time (but still happend some time with 2 or 3 barrels opened).

- I don't see the inventory at all (like if I hide it), just see the others sub-sections for dieing/washing etc. Usually I clic twice on the "crate icon" and it will appear.

I also have plenty of display bugs in inventory when there are several watchtowers close together.

When pressing Tab, I can't see the slots where you can put nails/planks. I can't really see any scroll bar, but if I click the scroll bar anyway and go down, eventually very very far on the bottom I'll see the materials slots.

But most of the time I can't even interact with the slots from this menu (I put the materials in my hands, and face the side I want to build in order to have the "Attach" action on screen).

Finally, similar display/scrollbar bug but in player inventory: the scrollbar was moved from right to left side of the inventory.

The hit zone position of the inventory scroll bar is not exactly the same than the scroll bar itself. I mean if I clic exactly on the center of the scroll bar, it's not working. If I clic slightly more on the right (so not exactly on the scroll bar anymore, but on the void space between the scroll bar and the inventory, it works fine).

The hit zone of the scroll bar on the left side (any storage like car, barrel etc) is much larger, and much more confortable to use.

All these bugs were introduced in 1.01