BCBasher

types.xml

I can figure out the rest but what does the -1 mean in the quantmin/quantmax columns and what does cost do?

<type name="HikingBoots_Black">
        <nominal>35</nominal>
        <lifetime>5600</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>15</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="clothes"/>
        <tag name="floor"/>
        <usage name="Town"/>
        <usage name="Village"/>

You see, there's an count per location (meaning one building) you use percentage value  (35% is fine chance to spawn. 15% minimal chance to spawn), and other regulator, quantmin & quantmax. that's mean if building type is "Town" or Village that in sector (distance of spawn/respawn objects for player) at least will be  random and at maximum will be random count itesm of this class. But you may try to decrease size of spawn of objects without changing chance of spawn. So, on ~ 45m around player in Town or Village will be at least 15 and as maximum 30 (is set <quantmax>30</> <quantmin>15</> but they will anyway spawned. It's an regulator of objects count. it's a good thing to regulate maximum and minimum floors of object, (I guess that's good help with M4 and AKM assault rifles and ammunition to 'em).

I said about it on my experience with loot table on server.

• Beans 1

nominal - items of this type are spawned to this value (assuming there is enough place in the world, CE queue is not pre-occupied and restock timer reaches 0)
lifetime - time in seconds before this type gets deleted (assuming none touches it)
restock - if set to 0, CE tries to respawn type in bulks, if set to positive value, it is time in seconds before ONE item of this type is spawned again
min - if amount of items of this type reach below this value in world, they get spawned to nominal again (they follow restock logic though)
quantmin - min % for quantity (rags,mags,ammo,..)
quantmax - max % for quantity (rags,mags,ammo,..)
cost - priority for CE (higher value should be prioritized by the spawner)

quantmin/max controls the quantity of an item that spawns in a stack/mag of said item. So for items that don't spawn in stacks, guns/clothing for example, you can leave those values set to -1

Edited by =UN= Square
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, =UN= Square said:

nominal - items of this type are spawned to this value (assuming there is enough place in the world, CE queue is not pre-occupied and restock timer reaches 0)
lifetime - time in seconds before this type gets deleted (assuming none touches it)
restock - if set to 0, CE tries to respawn type in bulks, if set to positive value, it is time in seconds before ONE item of this type is spawned again
min - if amount of items of this type reach below this value in world, they get spawned to nominal again (they follow restock logic though)
quantmin - min % for quantity (rags,mags,ammo,..)
quantmax - max % for quantity (rags,mags,ammo,..)
cost - priority for CE (higher value should be prioritized by the spawner)

quantmin/max controls the quantity of an item that spawns in a stack/mag of said item. So for items that don't spawn in stacks, guns/clothing for example, you can leave those values set to -1

Perfect that's exactly what I needed to know, I actually assumed it was a randomisation of the quantity on map.

<flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>

nominal abstract items is 20 and minimal is 5.

if PlayerOne have 2 abstract items in cargo and PlayerTwo have 3 items, then nominal(20) - cargo(2) - player(3) = nominal on map 15 abstract items.

that right?

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Vasily Elda said:

<flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>

nominal abstract items is 20 and minimal is 5.

if PlayerOne have 2 abstract items in cargo and PlayerTwo have 3 items, then nominal(20) - cargo(2) - player(3) = nominal on map 15 abstract items.

that right?

I believe that's how it works but I'm running into some confusion with what exactly "in cargo" is I'm running a server and messing with files, I did something that I thought should have stopped M4s from spawning. I tried to make the ADA 4X4 spawn at all vehicle spawn points with and M4 in cargo, I don't seem to have 300+ but should be well over the threshold although I've only interacted with  about 5 and still seen them spawn at a helicrash.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, BCBasher said:

I believe that's how it works but I'm running into some confusion with what exactly "in cargo" is

I too am very curious about what is covered by each of the flags, especially the differences between the "in_cargo" and "in_hoarder" ones. 

I would  assume the "in_cargo" flag covers items inside a item being worn, such as a backpack, shirt, or vest, while "in_player" covers items like the clothing/gear/shouldered weapons on a player, and "in_hoarder" covers containers like tents, buried stashes, cars, and dropped backpacks. However, that's just a reasonable guess on my part, and I would love to know if I'm anywhere near close to the mark.