Schorsch Gaggo

Server hopping and dupeing

Question

I suggest to get rid of server hopping and duping by this solution:

- let people have for example max 3 characters

- if you change a server, you start as a fresh spawn on the coast, but keep the other character in the old server on the same spot he despawned

limited character amount so you have to think of wich character you want to get rid off when switching servers too many times. That will motivate to stick to one server for longer and you deal with whatever there is on the server. No sudden spawns in bases, military sites. Looted areas you just have to accept it. I like this game to get as hardhore as possible!

this would solve the whole server hopping and dupeing problems imo. The game would be hc and survival again. Ok rn its in „early“ access, so they have to test things thats ok for me. I understand why people dupe, its just call of duty at the coast. I hope it will develop the way the game is meant to be played...

• Beans 2

3 answers to this question

Yeah just had someone server hop into my base. They picked up my storage barrel and logged off before I could get to them... 

Here's another idea do a server ticket system where u get 5 tickets a day. Everytime u server hop u use a ticket. Once ur tickets are gone ur stuck on the server ur on until the next day when they reset. With this system u would be able to still take ur character to another server to do trades and such and be able to get back. It would dramatically cut back on server hopping and duping and it would also make u think twice before u combat log as well. 

Maybe they could just implement a handful of single character locked servers, along with the standard servers.

That way we have the best of both worlds.