Cyclic

Experience so far

While this game has a steep learning curve, man it is a blast and heart racing at times, I am a solo, and at times duo player. I am a bit of a hermit with a couple small bases on multiple servers (lost three to server wipes so far) here are some of my highlights of playing this game;

1) First engagement - Once i was semi geared up I got lost and stumbled across a fairly large tent camp. I spent hours of surveillance on it over multiple days as I was solo. Once I determined it was run by a solo player I killed him (sorry about that,  I respect the time you spent building that base and gathering those supplies but you had so much freaking stuff I couldn't believe it). I then used some of your gear and started my own base (which got wiped). You never came back as I watched your base for days after, i hope I didn't cause you serious frustration think that was server 4278 US. Note to you, I watched you spawn in twice and you never checked your surrounding area, you went straight to inventory and moving stuff around. Always check your surrounding areas and where you can be surveilled from.

2) I was in a Mil base doing surveillance on some barracks for a couple hours, I watched a lot of players coming and going and they were running around blindly looting. I noticed one pair on two occasions (same clothing) and decided to end them as they were server hopping i believe. The engagement went sideways as my M4 lagged when I shot, I only wounded one of them and then I had Zombies to deal with. I tracked them down as they ran into the C can by the Guard shack. They locked themselves inside it and we started to have a discussion. My mistake, I should have disengaged but was craving contact......the discussion turned into me being killed. Reset # 1, approx 12 hours on that character. Good thing I went out to coast and buried loot near the spawns. Spawned in and was killed immediately by geared player for no reason. Second spawn I made it back to my base after retrieving loot. Note: I have got away from the M4 it has erratic tendencies the AK is much easier to shoot ( and can be suppressed) on semi auto and seems to do the trick.

3) Started playing with a friend, met him down on coast and got him geared up and we started our trek back to our AO. At this point i have lost 3 decent tent bases so I am only burying stuff now (Sea Chest and wet bags) that is critical. We got a car up and running which has by far been the best part of this game. We spend time planning each run down to the tiniest details, what gear we are taking, our route of travel with a secondary route. Where we are stashing the car and our infil and exfil routes on foot. We recently drove to Zelengorsk and ventured into Mil Base, one of us always observes while one checks areas and we try to provide over watch, This came in handy the other day as two spawned in right near across the tracks from us in a C can I am guessing (I do not like server hopping Mil base people - i understand it though, but will KOS if seen) usually i may choose to observe and leave the are as opposed to engaging. We had the drop on these guys though, elevated position and I had the flank.  We let them cross tracks and zapped one of them immediately and clipped the other but he managed to get away, I believe he combat logged. We spent about 30 minutes clearing all avenues of fire on the body then we checked his gear. They were definitely at some chopper sites recently, mines, SVD lots of goodies. We mined (Not even sure these work) his corpse and left the area. Drove around to the Dam and hunters cabin, so fun. Then went back and cooked up some beef steaks, had some beers and logged.

4) One thing I (we) are starting to do more of is observe Mil Bases inside and out, I had a guy see me on my way into my local Mil Base and attempt to talk to me, couldn't risk it so I ran from him, good on him for getting the drop on me and not shooting me, I believe he wasn't in a position to, but was trying to get angle on me and I think he was not alone, as soon as I told him i was not talking I hear his gun load.

Now here are my observations on sound, I rely on sound heavily as we all do. Sounds like charging Magazines,  changing magazines, and putting your gun into battery (racking a slide whatever) are way to loud, eating food is way to loud, footsteps could be a touch heavier but they seem okay. I think the sounds in game need to be heavily assessed as to their reality. I also do not like how the wind can really slow my frames and even crash my game.

That said this game is really a lot of fun to play and you can make it whatever you want it to be. Looking forward to the new patch and if you are similar player to me lets play sometime, we are looking for a couple more good guys/gals to play with.

Keep your powder dry.

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, Cyclic said:

While this game has a steep learning curve, man it is a blast and heart racing at times, I am a solo, and at times duo player. I am a bit of a hermit with a couple small bases on multiple servers (lost three to server wipes so far) here are some of my highlights of playing this game;

1) First engagement - Once i was semi geared up I got lost and stumbled across a fairly large tent camp. I spent hours of surveillance on it over multiple days as I was solo. Once I determined it was run by a solo player I killed him (sorry about that,  I respect the time you spent building that base and gathering those supplies but you had so much freaking stuff I couldn't believe it). I then used some of your gear and started my own base (which got wiped). You never came back as I watched your base for days after, i hope I didn't cause you serious frustration think that was server 4278 US. Note to you, I watched you spawn in twice and you never checked your surrounding area, you went straight to inventory and moving stuff around. Always check your surrounding areas and where you can be surveilled from.

2) I was in a Mil base doing surveillance on some barracks for a couple hours, I watched a lot of players coming and going and they were running around blindly looting. I noticed one pair on two occasions (same clothing) and decided to end them as they were server hopping i believe. The engagement went sideways as my M4 lagged when I shot, I only wounded one of them and then I had Zombies to deal with. I tracked them down as they ran into the C can by the Guard shack. They locked themselves inside it and we started to have a discussion. My mistake, I should have disengaged but was craving contact......the discussion turned into me being killed. Reset # 1, approx 12 hours on that character. Good thing I went out to coast and buried loot near the spawns. Spawned in and was killed immediately by geared player for no reason. Second spawn I made it back to my base after retrieving loot. Note: I have got away from the M4 it has erratic tendencies the AK is much easier to shoot ( and can be suppressed) on semi auto and seems to do the trick.

3) Started playing with a friend, met him down on coast and got him geared up and we started our trek back to our AO. At this point i have lost 3 decent tent bases so I am only burying stuff now (Sea Chest and wet bags) that is critical. We got a car up and running which has by far been the best part of this game. We spend time planning each run down to the tiniest details, what gear we are taking, our route of travel with a secondary route. Where we are stashing the car and our infil and exfil routes on foot. We recently drove to Zelengorsk and ventured into Mil Base, one of us always observes while one checks areas and we try to provide over watch, This came in handy the other day as two spawned in right near across the tracks from us in a C can I am guessing (I do not like server hopping Mil base people - i understand it though, but will KOS if seen) usually i may choose to observe and leave the are as opposed to engaging. We had the drop on these guys though, elevated position and I had the flank.  We let them cross tracks and zapped one of them immediately and clipped the other but he managed to get away, I believe he combat logged. We spent about 30 minutes clearing all avenues of fire on the body then we checked his gear. They were definitely at some chopper sites recently, mines, SVD lots of goodies. We mined (Not even sure these work) his corpse and left the area. Drove around to the Dam and hunters cabin, so fun. Then went back and cooked up some beef steaks, had some beers and logged.

4) One thing I (we) are starting to do more of is observe Mil Bases inside and out, I had a guy see me on my way into my local Mil Base and attempt to talk to me, couldn't risk it so I ran from him, good on him for getting the drop on me and not shooting me, I believe he wasn't in a position to, but was trying to get angle on me and I think he was not alone, as soon as I told him i was not talking I hear his gun load.

Now here are my observations on sound, I rely on sound heavily as we all do. Sounds like charging Magazines,  changing magazines, and putting your gun into battery (racking a slide whatever) are way to loud, eating food is way to loud, footsteps could be a touch heavier but they seem okay. I think the sounds in game need to be heavily assessed as to their reality. I also do not like how the wind can really slow my frames and even crash my game.

That said this game is really a lot of fun to play and you can make it whatever you want it to be. Looking forward to the new patch and if you are similar player to me lets play sometime, we are looking for a couple more good guys/gals to play with.

Keep your powder dry.

I’ll have a roll with ya man. 

Gt - bearjew11001

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

I roll with man. 

Bro.. you quoted 7 paragraphs just to say that lol

Just sayin, you can delete parts of what you quote

I know but with all due respect  it’s 3 am here dude . And I’m baked . Please forgive my flagrant disregard for forum etiquette . 

• Haha 2