Sign in to follow this  
stubz72

Dayz Unplayable Desynch

Hi all, I am aware that the server performance is not the greatest at the moment and I'm aware that people are having issues with this but for me the game is unplayable. I log into servers ok, (modded and vanilla) after 5 or 10 minutes I start to suffer from desynch, after which point I can no longer interact with any objects doors etc, the server simply does not know where I actually am.

Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I'm even unsure if this is a Dayz issue or something at my end, I'm not having problems with other games.

I have done everything i can think of to try to fix the issue, reinstalled, verified everything, my connection is stable and fast, i just don't know what to do?

Any help would be appreciated! 

I think everyone experiences this at one point or another, but perhaps not as often.  Some old tricks were to go punch a wall for a bit or go prone and back again -- you could also just let go of the controls for a bit until the server catches up to you.

Another thing I'm into is flight simulation and one thing that has helped me with the stutters that you get in that sometimes is to not run the game on Core 0.  With DayZ running, open Task Manager, go to the Details tab and find the DayZ_x64.exe that is running.  Right-click on it and then select Set Affinity.  Uncheck the Core 0 checkbox and leave the others checked.  Now play and see if it's any better.

That might make no difference whatsoever, but it's worth a shot -- as I say, in Flight Sim software, I've experienced improved performance when doing this.

I was having this and it turned out my CPU was overheating. A can-o-air fixed it and the lag went away.