Rooox

Can't join my server but everyone else can.

Hello, i'm hosting a server on one computer. The server is alright, it is in the server browser, my friends can play on the server... Everything's good. BUT i can't join the server, from the same computer or from another computer. "connection failure" everytime (or something similar). I think the problem is that i want to play on the same network as the server. My computer and the server are on the same network. Any idea ?

Use the external IP to connect.

If you use launcher set ip and port

Or use dayzsalauncher

As others can join you should know the external IP already

Edited by g4borg

i have the same problem but i can't find here to put the ip.

were i set the ip and port because the launcher has no opition to do this

The launcher as in the built in launcher you can start from steam has a parameter menu. In there on the second tab is IP. Always also enter the port. Just look through all menus it is not that many. 

The dayzsalauncher however has no such field. There you need to go to the sponsor link, enter the IP on their website and submit it. It will ask for further donation for sponsoring it, but by then it is already in the db. You need to wait 5 Min and restart dayzlauncher. The server will be in the list now, if it is online. 

Last option is to create a steam link to dayz on your desktop, open that and append "-connect <ip> -port 2302" to the magic steam run command. 

Edited by g4borg
Minutes not months
  • Like 1

did you set / tick port aswell as ip?

if you only enter ip, game will hang in connection.

what did you try exactly?

Edited by g4borg

I managed by putting my local ip and port in the dayz launcher of Steam itself and it worked... 

Ty man for the help, i hope this helps more people....

50d29ae439.png

Edited by San Holo

Make sure you have opened all ports you need on your computer firewall and your router you need

2302-2306  27016 TCP/UDP also set your port number in your .bat file -2302 for the server when loading up you can also add your ip inthe bat file aswell so that will look like this -ip=YOURSERVERIP -port=2302

if you are trying to run a modded server you need the following 2302-2312 27016 TCP/UDP the reason the port is 2302-2312 is the game will run on the ports and the mod exe will run a webhost for your server to allow people to download the mods auto to play so they dont have to subscribe to all your mods it will auto get using http://www.dayzsalauncher.com/#/home  

need anymore help just give me a shout

Edited by mrwolv