Sign in to follow this  
chili1496

To say i am annoyed is a fkin understatement

Ok, had a good session earlier tonight on a community server Roundtablegaming launched into this using dzsa launcher played my session and logged out so far so good.

logged into the game using the steam launcher can see my character with all his goodies decide to play with my other character on an official server, finish and log out.

Just logged back in with dzsa launcher which proceeded to update itself only to find my character from my original game earlier with all his goodies is no longer on display its as if he has bloody just gone and never existed???

2nd part i cannot log into roundtablegaming using the steam launcher, is this a mod conflict?

You may need to update the mods in dzsa. My char appeared without his winter TTSKO trousers in the vanilla launch screen, but updating the mods worked a trick.

If I want to play mods I use dzsa. If I want to play vanilla I use vanilla. I'm not sure they like talking to each other. 

But having discovered dzsa and the joys of mods a couple of days ago, it's a mystery why anyone is still playing the vanilla game - and that browser most of all...

just because the character is not on display does not mean it is not there. the client side display is only a cached copy of your loadout. the real data is server side. which means, connecting to a server you already were on will restore your character.

in fact it can be that a character still exists in the main menu, but will not be there once you log in.

@mookie gotta say, i am happy it proliferates. altough, atm. the mod playing community usually prefers heavily modded servers, and most with only a few mods usually give up again. imho vanilla should do what dayzsalauncher does already.

Edited by g4borg
  • Beans 2

4 hours ago, g4borg said:

just because the character is not on display does not mean it is not there. the client side display is only a cached copy of your loadout. the real data is server side. which means, connecting to a server you already were on will restore your character.

in fact it can be that a character still exists in the main menu, but will not be there once you log in.

@mookie gotta say, i am happy it proliferates. altough, atm. the mod playing community usually prefers heavily modded servers, and most with only a few mods usually give up again. imho vanilla should do what dayzsalauncher does already.

Your point about the character screen is well made; as is the fact that vanilla should be much better at this stage.

But specifically, playing on several community servers, all with different characters at different stages of development is just a lot more fun (for me) than maintaining one on the public hive who will inevitably come to a grisly end because of a bug or a dickhead KOSer.