Conehead

Connection with host failed (Only on official servers)

Hi there,

Im having issues, i've googled with no answers, reinstalled the game (including log files etc.), launched steam as admin, reinstalled battleye, verifyed the game, tried to delete profiles in documents, tested the game in beta mode, normal mode, stress mode, deleted config files in documents.  Nothing has helped.

The issue is that when i try to connect to an official server, i end up in the loading screen, then it says "connection with host has failed", and i end up in the start menu. This happened suddenly one day, after playing several hours on official servers throughout several days.

So i gave up, and tried to join "Community" servers, that worked. So ive been playing on community servers after that. Now i want to fix this official server issue, and i guess this is my last stop.

My thoughts are that it has to be fixed through the "character cloud", deleting all my characters (Based on that the character i had on the official servers, dissappeared when the issue started)

I dont care if all my characters get deleted, as long as i can play on official servers again.

Cheers.

Edited by Conehead

i had this tonight while trying to play on a non official server using the steam launcher and i guessed it maybe mod related, i was advised to download DZSALauncher which i did and everything works fine now via this launcher

• Like 1

Thank you for the info, i will try this and report back once done. :)

18 hours ago, chili1496 said:

i had this tonight while trying to play on a non official server using the steam launcher and i guessed it maybe mod related, i was advised to download DZSALauncher which i did and everything works fine now via this launcher

This launcher is awesome, thanks! Didnt know there were so many mods to Dayz Standalone!