Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

Chernarus is haunted...

I was traveling through the woods a couple hundred feet outside Staroye. As I was climbing a mountain I suddenly hear a voice nearby say "Security!" Yet I looked all around me and there was no one in sight. I think the ghost of Chernarus wants me for how many murders I have committed and being so good at DayZ. This is a true story.

I hear things in game all the time, random voices...then when there is nothing around I hear zombie noises and I literally am standing in a large empty field, like the noise is carrying on the wind... It would just be the background noises like the birds or now the constant Roosters.

2 hours ago, Wm Horus said:

I hear things in game all the time, random voices...then when there is nothing around I hear zombie noises and I literally am standing in a large empty field, like the noise is carrying on the wind... It would just be the background noises like the birds or now the constant Roosters.

The roosters replaced the slamming gate effect pre 1.0

2 hours ago, Wm Horus said:

It wasn't a faint ambient noise in my case...I thought it was a hacker or the server owner. I'm not sure if server owners are able to broadcast. I wasn't near any towns with speakers, so it wasn't that. Or maybe there was a bug and I heard a voice from someone far away. But it was bizarre...

The most annoying noise is one that happens very regularly that sounds like a faint bullet crack. I'm sure it's meant to be a twig snap or something but it's very frustrating the frequency it occurs.