C4-timah

New and Returning Players Kicked due to MODS

The server provides no reason for being kicked when MODS are installed. There is no current method for new and returning players to know if mods are even installed/required. They only notification that is provided is "Player Survivor has been kicked" from the server side and the player sees "You were kicked off the Server". From what I can tell from the logs, I've lost at least 8 players in the past 10 days due to this issue since adding Vanilla++ for Da0ne admin tools. I've been able to speak with only one and he though the server was having issues until I explained mods were added. He was planning to simply move on to a different server! With Arma III you at least could see what mods were on the server when you were searching for servers to join. Besides having an incredible LONG SERVER NAME to describe the mods installed, what are the options? Are there any plans to remedy this issue? There is no point in installing mods if our players have no way of being made aware. 

U are right...no point to use this workshop if u  run a public mid or highpop server.

Server side mods.... or mods like "trader" ....because players can still join the server with/without this mod.

Use DZSALauncher. All mods on the server are automatically downloaded when you join. Problem solved.

5 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

U are right...no point to use this workshop if u  run a public mid or highpop server.

Server side mods.... or mods like "trader" ....because players can still join the server with/without this mod.

If your server is properly configured, only players with the mods can join.

3 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Players with foreign mods cant join...this is right..

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Use DZSALauncher. All mods on the server are automatically downloaded when you join. Problem solved.

Nothing is solved...i dont really know much about this tool...but the players should know how this workshop system works...

56 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

Nothing is solved...i dont really know much about this tool...but the players should know how this workshop system works...

How is it not solved? If you use DZSALauncher, you don't need to subscribe to anything in the Workshop. When you join a server, you will automatically download the mods. There's no guessing, no telling people how to download a mod or how to join the server. It's easy-peasy.

6 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

Players get kicked if they dont have mods on my server, but it doesn't tell them they were kicked for not having it. It just says they were kicked off the server.

59 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

How is it not solved? If you use DZSALauncher, you don't need to subscribe to anything in the Workshop. When you join a server, you will automatically download the mods. There's no guessing, no telling people how to download a mod or how to join the server. It's easy-peasy.

And yet most don't know this. I didn't. I joined with the DayZ icon on my desktop.

5 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

They can't join mine, but I need to find out how to change the generic "you were kicked off the server" to "you were kicked for missing mods" or something similar.

22 minutes ago, C4-timah said:

And yet most don't know this. I didn't. I joined with the DayZ icon on my desktop.

I think most people that were around for the A2 DayZ Mod are aware of the launcher, because Maca also had one for A2 (and A3). It's always been a great tool for those games.

20 minutes ago, C4-timah said:

They can't join mine, but I need to find out how to change the generic "you were kicked off the server" to "you were kicked for missing mods" or something similar.

I think an effort to educate people about DZSALauncher is really the way to go. If they're using it, they can't join without the mod because the mod will download for them automatically. Maybe he could sell it to Bohemia and it can become standard for DayZ!

• Thanks 1