bob_the_k

Does a server need its own license?

I have a separate rented server (bare iron) that I installed the OS and used to run an A2 server and have run an A3 server on for years.   So I downloaded the DZSA tools and installed the files.  It starts but I cannot see it from my home PC.  Ports are already forwarded.   Does the server need to own its own copy of the license?  I know it didn't for A2 and A3.

NVM.... I figured it out - it works!

Edited by bob_the_k

On 12/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, bob_the_k said:

I have a separate rented server (bare iron) that I installed the OS and used to run an A2 server and have run an A3 server on for years.   So I downloaded the DZSA tools and installed the files.  It starts but I cannot see it from my home PC.  Ports are already forwarded.   Does the server need to own its own copy of the license?  I know it didn't for A2 and A3.

Can you elaborate on how you figure out?

I did the same thing, I created a virtual server in my environment, I added the ports needed for inbound and outbound and even put a webserver at port 80 to tested from outside and is public.

But for some reason, it does not show in the Dayz community neither direct connection.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:55 PM, bob_the_k said:

There's a Chinese problem (they creating tonns lots of fake servers). You need to await for 2 weeks with full running server and it shall appears in the Community servers list of DayZ Launcher.

And no, the server not required any kind of specific licences except the game licence.

On 12/22/2018 at 1:55 AM, bob_the_k said:

It sounds like you're experiencing connectivity issues with your DayZ server. In some cases, the server might require its own license copy for proper functionality, but this can vary depending on the game and its licensing requirements. Additionally, ensure that your ports are correctly forwarded and that there are no firewall restrictions blocking access. If you're still encountering problems, consider reaching out to your VPS server hosting provider for assistance in troubleshooting the issue further.