andrew111150

Ghille suits and camo.

Which suit makes you spawn in ocean camo or ghille suits? Ghille suit = covered in grass , camo covered in green.

Neither. That bug was fixed a while ago.

Uh really..... Last I heard Rocket said it was still a gamble. Can you say what build version the fix was in?

@OP the problem exists (existed?) with both, basically the game had to spawn you a new avatar to implement the skin change, and it would spawn you in the sea for a split second then teleport you back to where you were... only sometimes it got messed up and you ended up in the sea for real.

I'm not sure it was fixed, i read sometime ago that it was an Arma 2 engine bug so rocket couldn't do anything about it. I don't know if it was fixed in a recent beta patch tho.

This happened to me yesterday after I put on a cammo outfit. I was wondering what was going on lol I lucked out and found a ghille a couple of minutes after I found the cammo and it stopped.

Never happen with camo and I have plenty of it.

I tried ghuile once and lost my primary and secondary with all ammo bandages and other supplies.

I am pretty sure that even when the bug was in the game, the way around it was when you put the ghillie/camo on, you had to wait 20+ minutes, (the more the better) in the same server before you disconnected. If you disconnected before that amount of time, chances are the game didn't save your new location and actually saved it in the debug ocean. The bug was fixed recently, and that should never happen to you. Although, i haven't found a single camo/ghillie in this life, so no way for me to check.

Whenever I put on a Ghillie suit the screen goes weird and blue for a second... it's weird. I guess if it's "loading" the sea that'd make sense.

What happens is that the game resets your model when your skin changes.

If your sidearm is equipped, sure ly, your main is.

If you're crouching, suddenly you'll be standkng.

It's essentially transferring your gear to a new model.

If your mod and Arma 2 are up to date, this doesn't happen. The fix was updating your game and not playing on something that people aren't testing any longer.