MATTEO M

no persistence after 5 years?

I have a doubt . in all the servants with the indestructible base mod there is no persistence. is a problem of the mod servers or even in the stable there is no persistence so barrels and bases disappear?

We dont have this problem on our server it seems. Our barrels full of gear does not dissapear. Still there since release 1.0. And many restarts. Cant say that about tents, since i dont use them. Also havent tryed basebuilding. This ill try at weekend.

Edited by HeadRox
Typo

5 weeks during beta it worked perfect, all our tents, vehicle, vehicle tent and basebuilding stuff was there after 5 weeks.

So far in 1.0 it has been the same, 4-5 days and everything is there (military tent, 5 medium tents and 5 barrels).

Try a different server is what I would do, i had bad luck on modded community servers but the last while me and a friend have been playing a ton on official server and our base during beta lasted a long time and so far our 1.0 one has everything in order. From what I gather some servers don't do backup saves very often?

We also make sure that one of us interacts with each tent/barrel atleast every other day (so far on 1.0 every day we have done it).

Edited by kozzy420

Your persistence is screwed because your server is crashing for whatever the f#$@ing reason. The persistence works fine. My servers been running since 1.0 and we've had tents since then. None have disappeared, none have gone away, no items have poofed. It's either your host or your server, or server admin dickering with stuff he has no business dickering with or all the above. The only persistence issues I've found are weapon flashlights on my server vanish once you log out on the AK.  Other then that it's good.

Borderlands - Organic roleplay. Community server I made changed to, hosted by Fragnet. We have not built walls yet but I've had zero complaints about vanishing stuff since launch other then weapon flashlights. 

The problem doesn't seem to be inherent in the game itself - it's servers wiping their DBs on restart or crash. It affected many people (including me, multiple times) in .63 and I play exclusively on the public hive.