Sign in to follow this  
Mettius

No Walk Toggle?

Various wiki's and player howtos indicated double tapping Left CTRL will toggle walk mode.  This does not work for me.

Is this a bug?  I'm getting cramps from holding it down for 30 minutes at a time.  Is there some other way to turn on walk toggle?

• Beans 1

unfortunately double tapping doesn't work right now. it worked on 0.62 but when they introduced new player controller on 0.63 it stopped working. i really hope it will come back. your an RPer i take it, i know your pain i'm an RPer my self :)

Yes, I like RP. One thing I've always hated about FPS games is the run-run-run-jump-jump-jump.  Dayz has fatigue and that is awesome. Also it seems like I loose less hydration if I just walk long distances vs. jogging.  And it just feels right to walk around.

• Beans 3

Something the devs do not understand it seems...making controls overcomplicated ist not a survival feature but a pain in the ass. A toggle for walking/ running and also for ads ( without having to hold right mouse button) is bitterly needed....and for me personnaly so is autorun as well !!!!!

With the old Arma controls there were plenty of lovely options to toggle. Toggle walking, toggle free look, toggle aiming down sights. With these new controls there is a level of simplified flow to them, but they've really left out some good stuff. It'd be nice to have a good middle ground and I find it embarrassing for them that they change controls and something "stops working"? Do they even have 1 guy that does game testing in their studio?

• Thanks 1

I was perfectly happy with the ARMA controls... wonder why they "fixed" what wasn't broken?