Seranaeth

Impossible to refuel ada 4x4

So a couple of days ago before the 8GB update, my friend and I were in Tisy with a 4x4 that we had fixed up completely and driven halfway across the map with. This 4x4 then decided to catapault my friend 1000 ft in the air and killed him. Then the game decided that wasn't enough trolling and decided to despawn his body except for his flashlight in the 15 seconds it took me to run back to the car and drive it over to his body.

Now whilst I was in the process of trying to reloot all the gear the gear he'd lost, the 8GB update happened and managed to empty the car of completely everything that I'd just spent half a day collecting, including the engine components, fuel and oil. But not the body kit or wheels funnily enough

So, now I had to go back out and find EVERYTHING again.

After many more hours of tedious searching I managed to scrape up enough gear to help my friend recover and all the components for the car. Filled it up with oil, gas and water. Everything was accounted for, all in pristine condition with all the gauges filled. So I set off to go collect my friend.

200 FRIKKIN YARDS I GOT! The engine management light came on yellow after 100 and was red by 200 with the engine cut out and billowing smoke. I refuelled, reoiled, rewatered, checked all components and all were still pristine. No crashes or anything, didn't even run over a Z, Just totalled for no reason and unable to be fixed no matter what I did.

So I loaded up as much as I could In the scrounged backpack id found and headed off to the next car spawn. Once there, I loaded the components, attached wheels, put my stuff in the trunk and went to fuel it... Except I couldn't because there was no prompt for it from any distance or angle. Ive been trying for 3 and a half frikkin hours now with multiple combinations of components loaded and unloaded, body kit loaded unloaded, trying from all sides, even standing on the car, 3 different jerry cans, even more new components added and nothing is happening. Even serverhopped about 100 times and tried with at least 20 new spawn cars but... 

All I ever get is that ridiculous frikkin prompt to DRINK GASOLINE!

So now I have the option of running from Tisy to Elektro with a huge backpack in my hands that weighs a tonne or drop it and leave my friend high and dry despite him having driven halfway across the map with my gear after another car had thrown me to my death for no good frikkin reason previously. So thanks for that.

One other thing, when I tried to create an account on my phone to write this, EVEN YOUR FRIKKIN ACCOUNT CREATION PAGE DOESNT WORK. Deletes your username and email after two seconds but password works fine.

Get your frikkin act together. This BS has been going on too long now. DayZ has got so much potential to be THE best game on the market but its like asking a baby to paint Monet.

Did you try to press up on the d pad while holding the can? I spent ages trying to pick up a barrel until I pressed the dpad to get other options. Worth a try if you haven't already. 

Believe me I tried. I don't even get the option to scroll actions. Thanks for the input though

Well, nothing personal, but I hope it's just a bug on your console because I found my first car today and spent two hours just getting the doors on. Haven't even got wheels yet and for the amount of time I get on the game it'll either get pinched or wiped in an update before I finish it!