Thunderpants_AU

Persistent bases...

So, the way I understand it is if I build a base all by my lonesome and then die, my base gets wiped, too.

Is this correct?

Say my group and I build a base together, as in, for each wall, we all contribute wood and nails etc, if one of us died would the base still wipe??

No. Thats not correct. It will stay until a database wipe or server memory corruption (which has happened to some). 

• Like 1

But when the server restarts, anyone can walk through base walls. Most people are avoiding building bases because of how obvious and insecure they are. Most opt for hiding barrels and tents in spots. I have a nice base with 3 large tents, 2 car tents with 2 cars, 2 medium tents and 5 barrels. I buried some protective cases aswell incase my stuff is stolen and im looking for one of those treasure chests which one of my friends have found.

• Like 1

I've yet to even find a tent. Server hoppers collecting loot is starting to kill the game. I look forward to server locked characters. Let's see how much loot people will be able to gather then. 

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

No. Thats not correct. It will stay until a database wipe or server memory corruption (which has happened to some). 

Haha well, obviously.

15 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

But when the server restarts, anyone can walk through base walls. Most people are avoiding building bases because of how obvious and insecure they are. Most opt for hiding barrels and tents in spots. I have a nice base with 3 large tents, 2 car tents with 2 cars, 2 medium tents and 5 barrels. I buried some protective cases aswell incase my stuff is stolen and im looking for one of those treasure chests which one of my friends have found.

Good point. I think I'd like to build a base just to get the hang of it. I've only encountered one player base and that was inside a warehouse, which was an interesting idea. They had about 20 red hiking backpacks, so I think they were duplicating...

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've yet to even find a tent. Server hoppers collecting loot is starting to kill the game. I look forward to server locked characters. Let's see how much loot people will be able to gather then. 

I'm the exact same! I haven't found a single tent. I've found camo netting galore, though. Is server locking characters going to be a thing?

38 minutes ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

I'm the exact same! I haven't found a single tent. I've found camo netting galore, though. Is server locking characters going to be a thing?

I don't know but I hope so. 

• Beans 1

Bases have solid walls now due to the update. Go crazy and build.

• Thanks 1