AOW BlueThunder1

Wells? Removed/relocated?

Question

I have been visiting the same wells for a while to refill my water. I cannot find a single well in berezino. Were they relocated or is this possibly a bug?

5 answers to this question

My assumption is that BI updated the map to remove some coastal interactable water sources. Maybe to encourage travelling inland sooner or to try and improve frame rates and rendering times. Plus they've implemented antibiotics now so maybe they want to encourage the use of sorry water sources to make people use medical supplies more. It also wouldn't surprise me if they added extra water sources at release to make the game easier for new players for a short grace period but have decided to crank up the difficulty

On 11/24/2018 at 9:10 PM, TheYetiBum said:

My assumption is that BI updated the map to remove some coastal interactable water sources. Maybe to encourage travelling inland sooner or to try and improve frame rates and rendering times. Plus they've implemented antibiotics now so maybe they want to encourage the use of sorry water sources to make people use medical supplies more. It also wouldn't surprise me if they added extra water sources at release to make the game easier for new players for a short grace period but have decided to crank up the difficulty

I do understand that. I have been very discouraged to try to move inland since the newest update. And it’s been very hard for me to find any sort of food/water or any tools to gather my own. I’ve been surviving on soda and raw rice. I have found a ton of new useful items but I can’t seem to get passed the awkward continuous “loot to eat” stage that I usually find myself in after respawn. It’s very hard to loot door to door with all of the bugs. Hoping that they are able to fix some of the more serious bugs in a timely manner. 

Cheers. 

On 11/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, Jonas Levin said:

The well in Solny has also been moved (if the izurvive-map is to be trusted).

I’m a new player. I loved Arma. And loved the dayz mod but joined the military shortly after getting stand alone on PC and do not have room for a pc in my barracks. I’ve been waiting for dayz to come out on console for the longest time. I’m still trying to figure out the map for myself but if it wasn’t for Izurvive I would hate my life. 

16 minutes ago, AOW BlueThunder1 said:

I’m a new player. I loved Arma. And loved the dayz mod but joined the military shortly after getting stand alone on PC and do not have room for a pc in my barracks. I’ve been waiting for dayz to come out on console for the longest time. I’m still trying to figure out the map for myself but if it wasn’t for Izurvive I would hate my life. 

Yep I feel ya, but once you get used to the map you'll be flying my man. I'd advise grabbing a compass as soon as possible ingame and try learnin direct routes rather than filling roads it'll save you a lot of food and water. Also always worth fillin your stomach when you find a water source and eating everything you find when a fresh spawn instead of Saving it to get to full calorie level