Private Evans

Editing Chernarus+

In short...will it be allowed and/or even possible to edit the Chernarus+ map? In Arma 3 its is at least possible to use the 3dEditor to add and hide stuff.

26 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

In short...will it be allowed and/or even possible to edit the Chernarus+ map? In Arma 3 its is at least possible to use the 3dEditor to add and hide stuff.

What exactly would you like to do? 

You can can (currently) add buildings, roads, props (chairs, tables) etc to the existing map using Arkensors Offline Mode to load Chernarus+ then export the added buildings, roads to your mission. Then even add those new buildings to the economy so that the coresponding loot spawns inside. 

Adding new terrain is another story and I don’t unfortunately don’t have the answers for that. 

Yeah thx I was hoping for something like an official 3d editor. I would like to create a border region mod just for the sake of immersion :) No need for terrain heightmap editing, just adding and maybe hiding some objects.

cheers

Might it be better to wait for the final version of Chernarus++ to roll out? I'm pretty sure the devs are still making changes, and it would suck to have to update your map every time they update theirs.

• Like 1