DennisWeiss

UI Scripting

Hello,

so far I have figured out how to do server sided coding, like dealing damage to a player if he is outside of a specific zone or sending global chat messages. But if I'm not mistaken I need something client sided to for instance pop up a dialog or display a UI widget. Does anyone know how to do client sided scripting? 

Also the 

GetGame().ChatMP(player, "Text", "colorImportant");

function to send a chat message to a specific player didn't work for me.

Edited by DennisWeiss

Hello,

so far I have figured out how to do server sided coding, like dealing damage to a player if he is outside of a specific zone or sending global chat messages. But if I'm not mistaken I need something client sided to for instance pop up a dialog or display a UI widget. Does anyone know how to do client sided scripting? 

Also the 

GetGame().ChatMP(player, "Text", "colorImportant");

function to send a chat message to a specific player didn't work for me.

Merged.

Please only open one topic - if you need something moved, have us moderators do it, thank you!

@code
		// example sending
		void Send()
		{
			ScriptRPC rpc = new ScriptRPC();

rpc.Write(645);
			rpc.Write("hello");

array<float> farray = {1.2, 5.6, 8.1};
			rpc.Write(farray);

rpc.Send(m_Player, ERPCs.RPC_TEST, true, m_Player.GetIdentity());
		}

// example receive
		void OnRPC(ParamsReadContext ctx)
		{
			int num;
			string text;
			array<float> farray;

ctx.Read(num);
			ctx.Read(text);
			ctx.Read(farray);
		}
	@endcode

You will need RPCs. ERPCs is an enum in 3_Game\Enum, you can just create your own.  As far as  I understand, to open a window for one specific player, this player has to sent an RPC to the server, which allows the player to open that window/menu/whatever.

Search the script.pbo for RPCSingleParam() and and OnRPC(PlayerIdentity sender, int rpc_type, ParamsReadContext ctx)

You would have to override the corresponding OnRPC function. In DayZPlayerImplement is a debug version of autowalk inside the rpc function. Overriding this wont break something so go ahead and play around with it.

override void OnRPC(PlayerIdentity sender, int rpc_type, ParamsReadContext ctx)

Edit: and dont put your custom RPC in the ERPCs, make a new file with your own naming it MyRPCs for example.

Edited by nico1122