Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

The randomly vanishing Lada

I saw this topic on a reddit thread, without resolution. I'm not sure if it's a bug, a balancing issue or my own incompetence ;)

Long story short, after no small amount of effort I got a Lada running with about 3 bottles of water in a pristine radiator, and the thing started smoking almost immediately. While driving down a path, I hit what I can only assume was ghost, and the car stopped. The radiator was ruined, and the car wouldn't start (despite having a pristine good battery, plug, oil, gas and three wheels). I ran to retrieve a second radiator I stashed, and upon return there was little more than the whisp of smoke coming from the spot where the car had been. The car was full of gear and only the radiator was ruined. It took all of 15 minutes for me to fetch the radiator when for the car to vanish, so I dont believe the server reset.

I know others have experienced this, but I'm not sure what I'm missing. Is there a step involving a tool (like the wrench) that I missed?

same happened to me, crashed the car ruined radiator only logged out came back 30 minutes later to see that the car is gone. i play on a small community server so know that no one took the car

9 hours ago, modis002 said:

same happened to me, crashed the car ruined radiator only logged out came back 30 minutes later to see that the car is gone. i play on a small community server so know that no one took the car

Try to attach something to the car after a accident, if thats not possible then the car is destroyed and will dissapear once you are not near.  I had a small accident and my radiator and hood were ruined, i knew then that the car will dissapear and so i got all my stuff out and the parts that were ok and put them in to some barrels that i had,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TAMTA said:

Try to attach something to the car after a accident, if thats not possible then the car is destroyed and will dissapear once you are not near.  I had a small accident and my radiator and hood were ruined, i knew then that the car will dissapear and so i got all my stuff out and the parts that were ok and put them in to some barrels that i had,

I think part of the problem is how quickly the ruined car despawns.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Mr Jizz said:

I think part of the problem is how quickly the ruined car despawns.

Yes, but you cannot repair a ruined car.

1 hour ago, TAMTA said:

Yes, but you cannot repair a ruined car.

I get that. I'm merely commenting that the devs need to give you more than a few minutes to manage a ruined car situation before the thing just vanishes - bad for immersion :P

I also wish there was some visible marker of a ruined car. I was able to ascertain that the radiator was ruined, but the car didn't have a status that I could see. Keep in mind, I hit "a ghost".... as in, the road I was driving had a clipping bug in it.

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, Mr Jizz said:

I get that. I'm merely commenting that the devs need to give you more than a few minutes to manage a ruined car situation before the thing just vanishes - bad for immersion :P

I also wish there was some visible marker of a ruined car. I was able to ascertain that the radiator was ruined, but the car didn't have a status that I could see. Keep in mind, I hit "a ghost".... as in, the road I was driving had a clipping bug in it.

Yes, thats missing the only indication that i had was the blinking red engine symbol on the cars ui. the Devs need to take another approach to this, also the physics update is too sudden for the cars travel on surface, no smooth transition to another state which can cause damage sometimes.

Edited by TAMTA