Uncle Zed

Does serverTimePersistent work?

I set serverTimePersistent=1; in my server config but when I restart the server, it goes back to the time set in serverTime. Here's the lines that have to do with server time:

serverTime="2018/7/27/06/00";    // Initial in-game time of the server. "SystemTime" means the local time of the machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=6;  // Accelerated Time (value 0-24)// This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case, the time would move 24 times faster than normal, so an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverTimePersistent=1;     // Persistent Time (value 0-1)// The actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, the next server start will use the saved time value.

Does serverTimePersistent not work? Am I doing it wrong?

Have you tried using serverTime="SystemTime";

Perhaps it’s a bug when using the "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format? 

11 hours ago, Fester808 said:

Have you tried using serverTime="SystemTime";

Perhaps it’s a bug when using the "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format? 

That would kind of defeat the purpose. If you set it to SystemTime, then it'll always be whatever the time is on the box it's hosted on, so then the time will be persistent. I want to start the server at 6am and have a full 24 hour cycle in the 4 hours before I restart, which it's doing now, but if I need to restart the server during it's 4 hour cycle, I want it to go back to the time it was before I manually restarted it.

On 13/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, GrossKopfZed said:

I set serverTimePersistent=1; in my server config but when I restart the server, it goes back to the time set in serverTime. Here's the lines that have to do with server time:

serverTime="2018/7/27/06/00";    // Initial in-game time of the server. "SystemTime" means the local time of the machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=6;  // Accelerated Time (value 0-24)// This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case, the time would move 24 times faster than normal, so an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverTimePersistent=1;     // Persistent Time (value 0-1)// The actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, the next server start will use the saved time value.

Does serverTimePersistent not work? Am I doing it wrong?

Does not work afaik. Wish it did...