NachoNinjaGnome

Issues Rendering Vegetation

So, I've had a set of similar issues rendering the vegetation in DayZ for quite some time now.  When I get close to trees, bushes, even grass, the render in all sorts of crazy ways.  Before the beta build went to stable branch, they would range from purple, to blue, to white.  Now, in beta build, they're all white with certain video settings, and with others, they get a sort of prismatic rainbow thing going on, and with other settings, the blur all the colors they're supposed to be, just not where they're supposed to be.  It's really annoying and I've tried the whole, verify integrity of cache and full-on reinstall route.  I've scored forums and done searches looking for any and all fixes people have had success with.  I've even resorted to asking any and every player I meet in game if they know of a fix.  But, alas, my vegetation still won't render correctly.  With the current build, it's like my character ate the wrong (or right, if you're into that sort of thing) mushrooms.  It's kind of cool to see, but it makes it really difficult to traverse the map.  Even entering heavier grown yards is a bit of a hassle.  So, if anybody has any ideas as to what I can do to fix this, any and all potential fixes are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

- NNG

3 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

So, I've had a set of similar issues rendering the vegetation in DayZ for quite some time now.  When I get close to trees, bushes, even grass, the render in all sorts of crazy ways.  Before the beta build went to stable branch, they would range from purple, to blue, to white.  Now, in beta build, they're all white with certain video settings, and with others, they get a sort of prismatic rainbow thing going on, and with other settings, the blur all the colors they're supposed to be, just not where they're supposed to be.  It's really annoying and I've tried the whole, verify integrity of cache and full-on reinstall route.  I've scored forums and done searches looking for any and all fixes people have had success with.  I've even resorted to asking any and every player I meet in game if they know of a fix.  But, alas, my vegetation still won't render correctly.  With the current build, it's like my character ate the wrong (or right, if you're into that sort of thing) mushrooms.  It's kind of cool to see, but it makes it really difficult to traverse the map.  Even entering heavier grown yards is a bit of a hassle.  So, if anybody has any ideas as to what I can do to fix this, any and all potential fixes are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

- NNG

I have a few suggestions. 

1. Look here  there is a tool you can use as well as verifying the files.

Go to Steam>DayZ>Properties>Verify Integrity of game files and check the configs box to delete bad configs. 

2. Try playing in windowed mode (press ALT + Enter or adjusting video setting in game).

3. Update your drivers, especially your GPU. If your using a GeForce GPU download GeForce Experience - it’s great to keeping on top of latest GPU driver updates. 

Let me know if this helps! 

17 hours ago, Fester808 said:

I have a few suggestions. 

1. Look here  there is a tool you can use as well as verifying the files.

Go to Steam>DayZ>Properties>Verify Integrity of game files and check the configs box to delete bad configs. 

2. Try playing in windowed mode (press ALT + Enter or adjusting video setting in game).

3. Update your drivers, especially your GPU. If your using a GeForce GPU download GeForce Experience - it’s great to keeping on top of latest GPU driver updates. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Unfortunately, no, it did not help.  I have downloaded the most recent driver for my GPU.  I've tried windowed and fullscreen with dozens of different video setting configurations before, and again after reading this.  Using the tool got my hopes up.  But, alas, still looks like my character ate some moldy rye bread.

2 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Unfortunately, no, it did not help.  I have downloaded the most recent driver for my GPU.  I've tried windowed and fullscreen with dozens of different video setting configurations before, and again after reading this.  Using the tool got my hopes up.  But, alas, still looks like my character ate some moldy rye bread.

I’m sorry to hear that. Are you using a Radeon hd 7 series GPU? 

Do you have a screenshot of the rendering issues you are experiencing? Might help jog someone’s memory who had the same issue. 

Edited by Fester808

On 14/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Ummm... 7800 series... idk if that falls into that category.  Why, is there some sort of conflict with DayZ and the 7 series?

https://imgur.com/a/KB7U8AR

I did some research and seems that some people had complained about the same issue and fixed it by updating their drivers, others said it was caused by foliage settings and others said it was outdated hardware (under too much strain). Unfortunately all of them were running Radeon chips 6000 and 7000 models. 

Check out these links and let me know if you find anything useful and hopefully a fix here and here

I would suggest checking you 100% have the latest driver, also check your specs meet the current system requirements (could be an outdated GPU), again play around with settings for folliage. If not also try deleting DayZ folder from docs and do another fresh install again. 

I hope you fix your issue bro! 

Set your GPU to "Use Game Settings" for DayZ - for everything (go through all your GPU options, turn them all to "boring" or 'off" to start out) .  Don't max out all the advanced GPU options that (in fact) aren't included in DayZ.
Also set your DayZ graphics options to Standard and start from there.. try upping one thing at a time until you find what is the cause.

I have a dual core Athlon and Win 7 and a Radeon RX 480..
I have to turn down - or off -  some of the graphics options on the GPU, else I get white grass & trees, etc...

xxP

ps - You CAN run DayZ without graphics problems  on any GPU that has Win 7 drivers. Might not look tremendous but it will all be there.
For Win 10 ? ...  I don't know.

Edited by pilgrim*

21 hours ago, Fester808 said:

I did some research and seems that some people had complained about the same issue and fixed it by updating their drivers, others said it was caused by foliage settings and others said it was outdated hardware (under too much strain). Unfortunately all of them were running Radeon chips 6000 and 7000 models. 

Check out these links and let me know if you find anything useful and hopefully a fix here and here

I would suggest checking you 100% have the latest driver, also check your specs meet the current system requirements (could be an outdated GPU), again play around with settings for folliage. If not also try deleting DayZ folder from docs and do another fresh install again. 

I hope you fix your issue bro! 

My Radeon HD 7850 never had any issues rendering the foliage.  This problem did not start until a few months ago when my SSD became unreadable and I had to reinstall Windows 7 on one of my HDDs.  I then had to reinstall my games due to my C drive being changed.  It was the exact same version I had played just a couple days prior.  I have also verified my driver to be current multiple times as I keep being told that is the most common issue.  Definitely considering going back through all the various potential fixes though, beginning with the fresh install.  Just looking for more possible fixes before I undergo that all day procedure (horrible internet).

21 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Set your GPU to "Use Game Settings" for DayZ - for everything (go through all your GPU options, turn them all to "boring" or 'off" to start out) .  Don't max out all the advanced GPU options that (in fact) aren't included in DayZ.
Also set your DayZ graphics options to Standard and start from there.. try upping one thing at a time until you find what is the cause.

I have a dual core Athlon and Win 7 and a Radeon RX 480..
I have to turn down - or off -  some of the graphics options on the GPU, else I get white grass & trees, etc...

xxP

ps - You CAN run DayZ without graphics problems  on any GPU that has Win 7 drivers. Might not look tremendous but it will all be there.
For Win 10 ? ...  I don't know.

Turned everything off, still having the issue.  Always used default settings, both before the issue and after, so I doubt that's the problem, but I gave it a shot just in case.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Thanks 1

Well, in a last ditch effort to fix my issue, I retried all of the potential fixes and one of them worked.  Unfortunately, I don't know which one, as I did them all, one after another.  Anyway, thanks again to those who suggested fixes.