Asmondian

[SUGGESTION] ADS memory after weapon collision

[SUGGESTION] ADS Memory after Weapon Collision

/////// Explanation and reasons behind the suggestion /////////////////////////////////////////

• Imagine you are peaking a corner or window with ADS (Ironsight/scope) and you have a weapon collision. The game push you out to "hipfire" without saving the ADS stance.
  • The suggestion implies saving that ADS stance so that, once the collision does not exist anymore (and as long as the RMB is maintained), it automatically returns to ADS.
  • Many other games have this system and its would be a QOL improvement.
  • It would also help to mitigate the annoying (but realistic) weapon collision effect when you aim from an upper floor window to a target below you.

Edited by Asmondian
Video position
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 5

quite complicated since dayz isnt that a shooter

i like how it is, or i have no problem with it.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, w0nd4bra said:

quite complicated since dayz isnt that a shooter

i like how it is, or i have no problem with it.

DayZ needs to be as much shooter as it is and needs to be other things. A game in which there is so much to lose by dying, the gun mechanics need to be solid and reliable. Most importantly they need to be as intuitive as possible. And this suggestion is moving the gunplay one step closer to intuitive.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Especially in 3rd person, there would be a glitchfest, if u rapidly go from 3rd person to ads and vise versa, if u are close to an obstacle

22 hours ago, w0nd4bra said:

Especially in 3rd person, there would be a glitchfest, if u rapidly go from 3rd person to ads and vise versa, if u are close to an obstacle

Then make it a 1st person only thing . After all when you’re playing 3rd person you aren’t really PLAYING the game are you ? You’re just watching ;)