linker split

Infected and their spawn

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this part of community, not new to the BI studio games world as I used to mod for OFP, Arma and ArmA2.

I'll go straight to the point of discussion: INFECTED.

Would there be any low memory errors that could make the game crash if the amount of infected is raised drastically? I am thinking at adding them also in forests and add hordes in particular places of the map.

Also, I know it could be a pain the a..., but if raised drastically, could they be slowed down? I'm thinking more at a "The Walking Dead" experience where there are plently of zombies but they do not run like Usain Bolt.

Thank you for your attention

While I do not have experience with this, I would expect the server-tickrate to go down, resulting in lags on the client side as well - maybe even to the point where the infected AI may become sluggish.

Disclaimer: Do not have experience with DayZ SA, just a moderator.

There are plenty of private servers now that have adjusted the numbers of infected up drastically. By my experience playing on them, there will be a bit of fps drop if you aggro a full horde of 40-50 or more at once, but nothing that makes the game unplayable or crashes the server. I expect the devs to start experimenting with the number of AI once we go into beta and the polish/balancing phase starts in earnest.

I guess that they can spawn zombies in forests with scripts only if and when a player is nearby (let's say, 150m from the forest) and then wipe the zombies out if noone is nearby. This could be a solution, we used to do like this on ArmA dayZ MOD