bigtbone

Can I run it?

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong thread, but if I turn all the settings down to their minimums, can I run ArmaII with the DayZ mod?

Here are my systems specs.

System Model HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Windows Seven Home Premium

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family

I went to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/analysis.aspx?name=ArmA+II%3a+Operation+Arrowhead&id=10994 and it said that I couldn't run it because of my video card, but then it says this for the recommended requirements.

Required You Have

Video RAM 896 MB 1.7 GB

Hardware T&L Yes Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1

Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1

So as you can see it says that meet those requirements but it also says that the graphics card isn't good enough. Can you guys please let me know if I can run this game with the DayZ mod, I really want to get it.

Intel® HD Graphics Family? Noo its not very good of a gfx card i dont believe

I know that it's not a gaming card by any means, but if I set all the graphics as low as they'll go, can do you think I could run it?

I dunno cos there is a lot of detail in the game low gfx or not, its not made for games its just a standard card, this is ur chance to splash some cash on a good one :P

I fear your laptop might overheat and fall over(not die or be damaged mind you)

Its what happens to alot of "gaming" laptops..

But if it doesnt, and the graphics card can run it, youve got a pretty decent machine besides the GFX card.

I would just say download arma2lite and try running it, if you can run that, it SHOULD be possible.

I wouldn't waste ur time lol get a new gfx card i say :D

I know! I really, really, really, want the game, but I can't upgrade anything right now. I run Star Wars The Old Republic on low settings with no problems at all. It runs perfectly, but then again, it's a highly optimized game where as Dayz is a pre Alpha mod. And which demo should I download, the ArmaII Operation Arrowhead demo?

A laptop with integrated graphics is going to have a really hard time playing anything. You can try but prepare for overheating and extremely low frame rates.

Again, try running arma2lite(should be free)

See how that goes.

Intel® HD Graphics Family is not going to cut it with this game even with the most basic games you wont have a smooth ride.

Buy your self a GFX Card to put in your pc ...You can pick up half good GFX gaming card these days for £100.

Is everyone glancing over this tiny little fact? "System Model HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC"?

Try running arma2lite(Ive checked its now called Arma 2 free)

But that's the thing, I didn't think that'd I'd be able to run anything either, especially seeing how it's a laptop. But then I bought portal 2 for the PS3 and did the thing where I could download it on steam for free, and it runs great on the default settings. I also play Star Wars TOR all the time, I just have to turn the settings down a bit.

The card ur lookin at is like £30 you can get a decent one for around £100 which is a modest price now days, or prepare for the future and spend more :P

He has a laptop :( No way to install a new graphics card unless it's a dell or alienware (dell)

I am just blatently being ignored in this thread arent I?

*crawls away in shame*

I know! I really' date=' really, really, want the game, but I can't upgrade anything right now. I run Star Wars The Old Republic on low settings with no problems at all. It runs perfectly, but then again, it's a highly optimized game where as Dayz is a pre Alpha mod. And which demo should I download, the ArmaII Operation Arrowhead demo?

[/quote']

Bear in mind that DayZ is going to be a lot more demanding than combines operations because it is an unoptimised alpha build. I have a fairly decent rig with a HD7870. I can run combined operations smooth as silk on max settings... in dayZ I get about 20fps on max settings.

Even on low settings its fairly demanding because of the large draw distance.

I am just blatently being ignored in this thread arent I?

*crawls away in shame*

Lol no you're not core, and I just started the download on steam for ArmaIIFree. But what do you mean by "Is everyone glancing over this tiny little fact? "System Model HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC"?"?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Ah everyone telling you to upgrade your specs, whilst having a laptop is nearly impossible.

Unless the company you bought it from has the option for you to return it and have it upgraded the odds are you cant get new parts for it.

So everyone here shouting: BUY A NEW GRAPHICS CARD!

Obviously ignored the fact that you had a laptop(notebook)

And being able to run arma 2 free SHOULD give you an indication of how DAYZ will run. (just make sure the test you try has alot of stuff going on not just an empty field :P)

I know! I really' date=' really, really, want the game, but I can't upgrade anything right now. I run Star Wars The Old Republic on low settings with no problems at all. It runs perfectly, but then again, it's a highly optimized game where as Dayz is a pre Alpha mod. And which demo should I download, the ArmaII Operation Arrowhead demo?

[/quote']

Bear in mind that DayZ is going to be a lot more demanding than combines operations because it is an unoptimised alpha build. I have a fairly decent rig with a HD7870. I can run combined operations smooth as silk on max settings... in dayZ I get about 20fps on max settings.

Even on low settings its fairly demanding because of the large draw distance.

I have a pretty awesome super rig with 2 680s, and im getting 90 fps on a just restarted server on Ultra, and on a ABOUT TO RESTART SERVER(4 hours uptime) I get around 15-20

Most of the FPS drops are server related. So if his system can run Arma 2 at 100 fps , he can run dayz at 40 fps on a restarted server, and 10-15 on a "old" server

But thats just observation on my part really.

Ah everyone telling you to upgrade your specs' date=' whilst having a laptop is nearly impossible.

Unless the company you bought it from has the option for you to return it and have it upgraded the odds are you cant get new parts for it.

So everyone here shouting: BUY A NEW GRAPHICS CARD!

Obviously ignored the fact that you had a laptop(notebook)

[/quote']

Lol, I'm glad someone finally caught on. I just want to play this game so bad. I do have a desktop though that has a fairly good graphics card that my friend gave me. The pc itself though isn't very good, it only has 2 gigs of ram and an AMD dual core. Would I have a better shot at running the game on my desktop? My laptop blows it out of the water in everything except for the graphics card.

I'm a third of the way done with the free download, so I guess I'll know how that works out soon enough. But like I said in my earlier reply, I have a terd of a desktop with a pretty good graphics card, with only 2 gigs of ram and an amd dual core, but a fairly good graphics card, could i run it?

You can try arma 2 free, and give a shot.

Because of the way DAYZ is in its current state, I gotta just advise you to try the A2F and see how it runs on both, if not, just buy OA for a tenner and combine it with A2F into Combined Operations, then install DAYZ and test it out fully on both machines.

It is really hard to tell, but I understand why most people here will instantly tell you to upgrade, as an onboard GFX card is shit... but I have a gaming laptop with 2x 280s in it and it should run dayz easily! if it didnt shit itself and overheat every 5 mins.

I had an issue running this above 30fps three builds ago, and I had my settings turned down with a GTX 560 ti and 3.2 GHz i7 chugging away.

I don't think any laptop is going to cut this. Not any reasonable one, anyway.

I had an issue running this above 30fps three builds ago' date=' and I had my settings turned down with a GTX 560 ti and 3.2 GHz i7 chugging away.

I don't think any laptop is going to cut this. Not any reasonable one, anyway.

[/quote']

I really wish it was that easy but seeing as most of the fps is dictated server side(which has been more stable lately) its unclear atm whether or not his laptop and/or desktop will fail running the game in a bearable state.

I also have an HP Pavilion with a similar graphics card, and trust me, I have already tried playing on it. Only thing I was able to get into was singleplayer, and even then, it was all blocky and pixel like.

I know unless ya own a $1000 or more laptop, you probably won't have much luck running Arma II. Sticking with my BA tower for this game.

Most of the FPS drops are server related. So if his system can run Arma 2 at 100 fps ' date=' he can run dayz at 40 fps on a restarted server, and 10-15 on a "old" server

[/quote']

Yes i've noticed the same thing. Hopefully 1.7.2 will optimise the servers a bit more.

Most of the FPS drops are server related. So if his system can run Arma 2 at 100 fps ' date=' he can run dayz at 40 fps on a restarted server, and 10-15 on a "old" server

[/quote']

Yes i've noticed the same thing. Hopefully 1.7.2 will optimise the servers a bit more.

When will this update be out?