Uncle Zed

Adjusting zombies

Does anyone know what file I adjust and what settings I adjust in that file to increase or decrease the number of zombies, their strength and speed? This is for 0.63 experimental. 

you need to unpack Dayzserver\addons\worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo and then look for zombie_territories.xml its all in that file :)

On 10/23/2018 at 7:49 AM, mrwolv said:

you need to unpack Dayzserver\addons\worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo and then look for zombie_territories.xml its all in that file :)

Should that file be in the root folder? I can't seem to find it.

*EDIT* Nevermind. I just re-read the response.

Edited by GrossKopfZed

Ok, I looked at that file and what that contains is positions for zombies to spawn, along with the min/max to spawn. What I'd like is a way to globally increase the zombie count and toughness but I guess that isn't doable right now?

The way I increased the zombies on my server was to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db
Find Events. Open it with Notepad++. 
Go down to InfectedArmy and increase the Nominal, Min, and Max counts. 
Here is what mine looks like : 
<event name="InfectedArmy">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>100</nominal>
        <min>75</min>
        <max>300</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>100</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>50</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>player</position>
        <limit>custom</limit>
        <active>1</active>
Directly under that, you will see The children of this category. Raise the Min count on those as well. Mine looks like this : 
<children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="40" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Autumn"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_SoldierNormal"/>

Do this for InfectedCity, InfectedFirefighter, InfectedMedic and so on.
Then open Globals. Increase the ZombieMaxCount numbers to your liking. 

Enjoy. 

Edited by Taco Donkey

22 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

Ok, I looked at that file and what that contains is positions for zombies to spawn, along with the min/max to spawn. What I'd like is a way to globally increase the zombie count and toughness but I guess that isn't doable right now?

yes inside that location and the zombie_territories.xml is where you increase the amount of each zombie type

23 hours ago, Taco Donkey said:

The way I increased the zombies on my server was to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db
Find Events. Open it with Notepad++. 
Go down to InfectedArmy and increase the Nominal, Min, and Max counts. 
Here is what mine looks like : 
<event name="InfectedArmy">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>100</nominal>
        <min>75</min>
        <max>300</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>100</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>50</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>player</position>
        <limit>custom</limit>
        <active>1</active>
Directly under that, you will see The children of this category. Raise the Min count on those as well. Mine looks like this : 
<children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="40" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Autumn"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_SoldierNormal"/>

Do this for InfectedCity, InfectedFirefighter, InfectedMedic and so on.
Then open Globals. Increase the ZombieMaxCount numbers to your liking. 

Enjoy. 

Is this method better than messing with the pbo, as previously described?

10 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

Is this method better than messing with the pbo, as previously described?

Yes. You shouldn't need to be modifying worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Yes. You shouldn't need to be modifying worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo.

The settings in the pbo are different from what is in the events.xml. For example, the events.xml has the maximum and minimum zombies for that particular type and the pbo has the max and min for each zombie position. So I don't know what to think. Do I raise the min and max for each zombie position, do I raise the max and min for each type, or do I do both?

I have done the steps above and noticed a large increase in zombies. I did not need to edit worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo