ImpulZ

Unable to reload magazine into a weapon (REPRODUCTION STEPS REQUIRED)

Question

Hello guys,

we are on the lookout for an issue:

Reloading a new clip into a weapon does not work.

This issue has been reported to us multiple times, but we still lack exact reproduction steps to find the cause of the problem. If you know how this issue is created, let us know. Videos are always the most helpful way, you can link them here or submit them to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.bistudio.com.

• Like 1

I did this just last night by inspecting a weapon with a mag in it on the ground. Then hovering over the mag and tapping A to move mag to hands. 

After which I was unable to put a mag back into that gun, and the appearance of the gun showed it had a mag in it still. (It was an AK, not an m4 which adjusts shows mag.)

Has happened to me for multiple reasons before the latest patch, but for the current one it has occurred during log in as well as after trying to reload with the Y button, I’ll have a magazine visible in the gun ( has happened with the SVD & AK) but there’s no magazine in the mag slot in the inventory, have been able to fix it on occasion by opening the inventory & dropping the magazine directly from the gun (if the mag has ammo in it, it will turn to 0 once dropped on the floor & it no longer allows the magazine to be picked up) & then opening the inventory & reloading from the inventory screen. Another one that occurs during log in it will empty the once full magazine & leave a single bullet chambered & you need to drop the mag from the mag slot or the gun will become stuck with 0 Ammo & unable to reload at all ( the mag becomes unusable after dropped). For the most part this bug isn’t as common as it was in previous patches but can be quite frustrating losing ammo/magazines or the full gun randomly. I couldn’t tell anyone exactly how this bug occurs other than from my experience, hope this helps :) 

This bug usually happens when you HOLD LT and press Y to reload, not just by pressing Y, by doing this it also makes a gunshot for others but the shot doesn’t actually register. This makes you lose ammo and sometimes if done too much will bug out the gun you have and therefore having to search for a replacement, aswell as the magazines.

Edited by Golden Taco

When I have multiple mags I often relead with 'LT & doubletapping Y'. Bullets then fail to register even though the ammo count goes down and there's an audible sound. 

I'll then often try and fix it in the inventory by sending the mag to inventory however this often leads to the mag appearing to still be in the gun even though its now been added to the inventory. This prevents new mags from being added and often leads to the gun having to be discarded 

• Like 1

The only thing that I personally have noticed is if the weapon is in your inventory rather than in your hands or equipped when you leave a game. So if my AK-M is in my backpack and I leave a server it glitches and I can no longer reload.

For me it seems to happen only with the m4 after I single load a bullet in to the gun without a clip then try to load a clip into it. I'd if the fact the m4 always look's like it has a clip has anything to do with it either 

My gun will only start to bug and shoot ghost bullets when I use the Y button to reload the only way to not bug your gun out Is u got to go into your inventory and push B on the full mag that you want. But like I said the gun only bugs if you use the Y button to reload I've had this issue ever sense the game launched into game preview. And it happens to every single gun not just one 

• Like 1

Hello I am vikings_normand.
I contact you for the problem of the weapon.
I personally already have this problem on several occasions.
It would happen to me that I had a charger in my hand and take my weapon instead of this charger.

I think she combined this into giving them away. But not in reality.

cordially

I have to have some video of that but it will take a lot of me to look for it.

I am French twitcher. And I help the French community with tutorials.
Google Translate

It only seems to happen when the game lags badly to the point you run but go nowhere just stay in the same place. Then if you try and reload your gun the mags in it but doesn't reload but who knows might just be the gun glitched and I picked it up 

But I've always noticed the problem after lag 

3 minutes ago, TTGKILLA YT said:

My gun will only start to bug and shoot ghost bullets when I use the Y button to reload the only way to not bug your gun out Is u got to go into your inventory and push B on the full mag that you want. But like I said the gun only bugs if you use the Y button to reload I've had this issue ever sense the game launched into game preview. And it happens to every single gun not just one 

Yes this is the same thing that happens to me! It had happened in the past & I have done a good job at avoiding it for a while but once it is bugged even getting new guns doesn't fix it for me only the updates fix it. I got caught by a group of Zombies & Wolves & had to reload 2 guns in the heat of the moment by pressing Y now they are bugged

Aim and press y when you have an empty mag in gun it then happens and can't reload only chamber 

1. while aiming down sight and try to reload it bugs the gun out won't shoot says there's a magazine in it but the game doesn't see that theres one in it to fix it you have to take magazine out and shoot the round in the chamber and then reload it with out aiming. 2.pso-1 scope is still bugged can't go prone and look through it. 3.when your eating while you're prone it makes the sound that your eating water and not food lol. 4. if you go prone your gun looks down/up but your actually looking forward and you have sit there and toy with it until you finally got it back to how it should be. 

My names Legit and the most legit bastard here . SVD round stuck inside gun directly after getting into firefight.  SVD was on back , was shot , switched SVD into hands ,emptied mag and was unable to remove the mag sense this moment .

@ImpulZ I personally have had only one problem with reloading mags, I will explain simply;  there are multiple ways to reload mags, but the simple way is to just tap Y on the controller to insert a mag if you have it in your inventory.  Now if I have a mag in my gun of 30 οr 29+1 in the chamber,  and I have a mag in my inventory that fits the weapon but has less then 20 rounds in the mag it will not be loaded into the gun unless I manually combine that 20 or less then 20 round mag into the weapon.  That's all I can say about this issue. 

To add,  I've tested this personally.  I have put a M4A1 in my hands without s mag,  had 3 STANAG mags full of 5.56 rounds ( 30 ) and one mag of ( 13 ) rounds,  now I hit Y to reload and switch those mags 4 times,  but it only inserted the 3 (30) round mags and never inserted the (13) round mag.  Therefore, i suggest to top up your mags any time you have a chance rather thrn relying on the manual inventory reloading.

Edited by skyler gill

1. Get a m4 or ak

2. Put bullet in chamber

3. Shoot the bullet

4. Hit y to reload

5. Go to inventory and hit combine if step 4 doesnt work

6. Take out the clip

7. Combine the clip again

8. Take out the clip

9. Repeat steps 2-9 to find out if it is the 1 bullet in the chamber fired or not that is not letting us hit y to reload

i found that i was unable to reload with any full mags (30rnd stanag) but i was able to reload with and that wern't full so i took 1 bullet out of each of the full mags maging them all 29/30 stanag and i was able to reload with them

devs please dont listen to people saying Y to reload dosn't work cause it does. its only broken when youre holding LT when you press Y. the only issue ive noticed is that when i first join a server it occasionally wont realise im pressing Y to reload so i have to use the combine from inventory but after doing that once then i can use Y reload again and i NEVER have experinced ghost bullets by pressing Y aslong as i didnt press it while holding LT.

If you have a gun equipped to your person (not in your hands) and you take out a magazine via micromanaging, it’s guaranteed to break it. I broke 5 in a row doing this.

3 hours ago, diablo76 said:

Yes this is the same thing that happens to me! It had happened in the past & I have done a good job at avoiding it for a while but once it is bugged even getting new guns doesn't fix it for me only the updates fix it. I got caught by a group of Zombies & Wolves & had to reload 2 guns in the heat of the moment by pressing Y now they are bugged

I remember I was in the middle of a 1v3 and I was using Y to reload. I killed one before I reloaded but after that I tried killing the second one he literally had his back to me and my friend says when u shoot ghost bullets ur gun clicks like it's empty so I guess he Hurd that turned around and killed me but on my screen I shot him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hello guys,

we are on the lookout for an issue:

Reloading a new clip into a weapon does not work.

This issue has been reported to us multiple times, but we still lack exact reproduction steps to find the cause of the problem. If you know how this issue is created, let us know. Videos are always the most helpful way, you can link them here or submit them to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.bistudio.com.

I believe reloading a new clip into weapon "not working" is tied to how full your inventory space is and if the magazine you want to load is in an inventory slot that is full. You can not reload the weapon in hand by just pressing the Y button in this instance.

I have noticed that when my inventory is full or almost full if I try to reload my weapon by pressing the Y button only it will not reload unless I go into the inventory menu while holding gun in hands, then I micromanage to the magazine in my hands and press Y on magazine to remove it.  Then I have to highlight the full magazine in the inventory space and hit B to combine then it reloads.

However, if my inventory in well below the maximum capacity and I have a full magazine in inventory I can reload simply by pressing Y button while weapon is in my hands.

Hope this helps.

While most of the responses seem to want to reference ghost bullets, I will try to actually answer you on topic. I have only had 2 M4s become completely unusable. I have noticed that often when I load into a server that I can't reload with the Y button, it doesn't do anything. So I have to go into my inventory, press Y on the mag so that it drops into my inventory, then highlight another mag and press B. Seems to HAVE to be done each time you enter a server or else you will find yourself in a gunfight unable to reload outside of your inventory. Both times my gun became unusable it was after a server reset, or after having left a server for a minute or two and then logging back in.  It was not something you could just replicate, unless you tried just continuously joining servers. 

For me, if I remove a magazine from the gun while the gun is equipped to my back, the gun than becomes bugged out. Same happens if I try to load the mag into the gun while it's equipped to my back. Steps would be as followed: 

1. Equip a rifle to your character's back.

2. Hold A on the magazine while the gun is still equipped, and move it to a different inventory/vicinity.

3. Attempt loading the new mag into the gun any way you can.

4. If you manage to load a new mag chances are it either won't fire or it will fire ghost bullets. 

There is another way I just remembered, if you have a gun sitting in your inventory somewhere (not equipped) and you have no room to store a spare mag but you push Y on the mag to move  it to your inventory anyway, it will equip itself to the weapon and when you pull the gun out it will be bugged and that mag stuck inside of it.

1. Have an unloaded weapon in your inventory and no spare room left in inventory.

2. Try storing a mag into your inventory while the gun is in there, again, make sure there is NOT enough room for it to be stored. Also make sure there is NOT a mag already in the weapon.

3. If there is no room to store the mag but it disappears from your hand or vicinity after pressing Y on it, chances are it equipped itself to the gun.

4. Pull the gun out into your hands and check it. Look for a mag/see if it fires/try reloading a new mag/etc...

I hope this was helpful, absolutely addicted to this game rn lol. 

Love you :3

Edited by Gabe Curtis

Holding LT + Y to reload will make your magazine produce “blank” cartridges that upon firing, doesn’t register on your target. You have to reload while not aiming and firearm in hand by simply pressing Y or drop the mag from your firearm to your inventory and manually combine it to the firearm in hand.

I have also had a firearm show that a magazine was attached in game but on closer inspection within the inventory, it did not. I believe this was caused by storing the firearm in my backpack before logging out and once I returned to play, I took it to hands via quick slot wheel and got the glitch. Thanks for all y’alls hard work! I’ve been waiting years to play this game :)

50 minutes ago, Robbie M Saucier said:

While most of the responses seem to want to reference ghost bullets, I will try to actually answer you on topic. I have only had 2 M4s become completely unusable. I have noticed that often when I load into a server that I can't reload with the Y button, it doesn't do anything. So I have to go into my inventory, press Y on the mag so that it drops into my inventory, then highlight another mag and press B. Seems to HAVE to be done each time you enter a server or else you will find yourself in a gunfight unable to reload outside of your inventory. Both times my gun became unusable it was after a server reset, or after having left a server for a minute or two and then logging back in.  It was not something you could just replicate, unless you tried just continuously joining servers. 

Robbie,

See my response I agree this is not a ghost bullet topic it has to do with doing a simple reload.  See my comments on this:

I believe reloading a new clip into weapon "not working" is tied to how full your inventory space is and if the magazine you want to load is in an inventory slot that is full. You can not reload the weapon in hand by just pressing the Y button in this instance.

I have noticed that when my inventory is full or almost full if I try to reload my weapon by pressing the Y button only it will not reload unless I go into the inventory menu while holding gun in hands, then I micromanage to the magazine in my hands and press Y on magazine to remove it.  Then I have to highlight the full magazine in the inventory space and hit B to combine then it reloads.

However, if my inventory in well below the maximum capacity and I have a full magazine in inventory I can reload simply by pressing Y button while weapon is in my hands.

Hope this helps.