Diesel_42o

PVE Server. Disable PVP Damage

Looking for a script to make a PVE Server, disabling all pvp damage.  

Not asking why it shouldn't be done, nor do I need you to understand the reasoning behind it, just need to know if it is possible, and a little assistance please. :)

just whitelist your server, ban people who disobey the rules

I think it is disrespectful on the part of the developers of the game to the modders. Function SetAllowDamage locked for multiplayer, although the 0.62 patch it still works. In fact, we were banned from creating certain categories of game mods. It's censorship modding! I also noticed some limitations compared to patches 0.60-0.62 and the old scripting language.

2 hours ago, Sentepu said:

player.SetAllowDamage(false); don't work atm so whitelist it is ;) 

Thanks, lets hope they fix this :)

6 hours ago, Diesel_42o said:

Thanks, lets hope they fix this :)

Thought you modders wanted to Mod the GAME, not Mod the NOT-GAME  ??   Why should "they" <fix it> to make it the game YOU want, so then YOU can mod it without the effort of MODDING it.. ?? 

you already have the player.SetAllowDamage handle.. but what is it for? .. you dont want Invulnerability, you only need shots fired at a player to miss them <.. hmm..>   -  you want to Mod with TOTALLY ZERO mental effort ?

Edited by pilgrim*
Yoda told me

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Thought you modders wanted to Mod the GAME, not Mod the NOT-GAME  ??   Why should "they" <fix it> to make it the game YOU want, so then YOU can mod it without the effort of MODDING it.. ?? 

you already have the player.SetAllowDamage handle.. but what is it for? .. you dont want Invulnerability, you only need shots fired at a player to miss them <.. hmm..>   -  you want to Mod with TOTALLY ZERO mental effort ?

SetAllowDamage not working!

16 minutes ago, Gizda said:

SetAllowDamage not working!

<< you DONT WANT Invulnerability>> please read and think  ..  you ONLY want bullet hit damage on a player to total up to Zero, or you want bullets to miss the player box... ya know... ? 

that doesn't stop them from punching it out, natch.. but it also stops them from shooting themselves in the head, right ?   <heh, win some lose some, it's your server and you can write script>

If you could set player.SetAllowDamage to false then what are the wolves and zombies going to do ?

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

<< you DONT WANT Invulnerability>> please read and think  ..  you ONLY want bullet hit damage on a player to total up to Zero, or you want bullets to miss the player box... ya know... ? 

that doesn't stop them from punching it out, natch.. but it also stops them from shooting themselves in the head, right ?   <heh, win some lose some, it's your server and you can write script>

If you could set player.SetAllowDamage to false then what are the wolves and zombies going to do ?

I want to disable the damage in a certain territory for the player. And there are no wolves and zombies

18 minutes ago, Gizda said:

I want to disable the damage in a certain territory for the player. And there are no wolves and zombies

so you want that players can fall off buildings & ladders too ?? ..OK ..  so you DO want Invulnerability .. so set ALL the possible player damage calculations in your safe zone to Zero

If .. in THAT territory .. (if player damage off) .. set total damage calculation=Zero .. go to end of damage calculation .. else do the damage calculation

Then in effect you're using your sweet  SetAllowDamage handle, you're just scripting what it is a handle to.

If you want to just mess with what's already there, without doing any work, then you can't mess with what's already NOT there..  hmmm ?

Edited by pilgrim*

LOL, please master of knowledge @pilgrim* enlight us with a working solution right now ;) haha

Edited by Sentepu

17 minutes ago, Sentepu said:

LOL, please master of knowledge @pilgrim* enlight us with a working solution right now ;) haha

I just did.. If you want a working server (delivered) to your specs, tell the experienced modders on this blog what you want exactly (they ARE here). Maybe someone will do the work for you or has already done it.. If you don't want to damage a player, then set the damage seed parameter(s) to zero.  You can start from there ?
I'm not a modder, dude - I started on machine code and FORTH and served my time on (bloody) C and Java .. I don't DO that stuff NO more ..  (in fact I shouldn't even BE here.. See you around!)  .. ;) haha

I wanted to make a mod like Hunger games. I needed the players to be immortal in the beginning. Until the games begin. There was a good feature for this, easy to use. Now I have to come up with some complex designs and at least some way out. Instead of one line of code, you now need a few dozen lines of code. And it won't give that power to the function.

Я хотел сделать мод типа Голодных игр. Мне нужно было чтобы в начале игроки были бессмертны. Пока не начнутся игры. Была хорошая функция для этого, простая в использовании. Теперь мне надо придумать какие-то сложные конструкции и хоть какой то выход. Вместо одной строки кода, теперь нужно несколько десяток строк кода. И то это не даст той мощности функции. 

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

I just did.. If you want a working server (delivered) to your specs, tell the experienced modders on this blog what you want exactly (they ARE here). Maybe someone will do the work for you or has already done it.. If you don't want to damage a player, then set the damage seed parameter(s) to zero.  You can start from there ?
I'm not a modder, dude - I started on machine code and FORTH and served my time on (bloody) C and Java .. I don't DO that stuff NO more ..  (in fact I shouldn't even BE here.. See you around!)  .. ;) haha

I never once asked for Invulnerability, if you read the original post, I am asking for PVP DAMAGE TO BE DISABLED.  Not Zombie Damage, Not Fall damage.  Just Player VS Players!

Appreciate all your umm, non help.

Edited by Diesel_42o

2 hours ago, Diesel_42o said:

I never once asked for Invulnerability, if you read the original post, I am asking for PVP DAMAGE TO BE DISABLED.  Not Zombie Damage, Not Fall damage.  Just Player VS Players!

Appreciate all your umm, non help.

If you want a safe zone, like a trade zone (but you don't want to say what you want, I guess..) then you are looking for the same thing as Gizda in this thread, and maybe that would interest other server owners too, and maybe it already has-been/is-being implemented ?  Invulnerability inside or in a zone around - a trade post,  maybe would be the easiest way to go at that.

Alternatively - if you are looking for "disable PVP damage only" across the whole map -  you could start by looking at how weapons damage is inflicted  IF you are interested in LEARNING anything about <How To Mod>  .

But if you want someone to hand you a readymade 'no pvp server'  where you just run a chunk of code that you don't understand at all - then why not SAY you are NOT a modder, you are a beginner or it's beyond your level (this is no shame) and ask some of the big Scripters on this thread to help you out, (because some of them are HOT), or point you in the right direction? 
No-PvP zones HAVE been done before, as I remember.. ( just not for DayZ SA =YET=  [28 Sept. 2018] )

The Modders/Scripters are generally a VERY FRIENDLY bunch and pretty KEEN and they like to STAY up to date with their skills, and check out what other folk are doing. 

If you think "structurally", you can see ways it can be done..  but it would take some lines of script, not "set one variable" .. but I said that already, didn't I?   Sorry.. I thought yous guys were Modders..  (scuse me, I'll just leave now and close the door on my way out, thanx).

Edited by pilgrim*
~

4 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

If you want a safe zone, like a trade zone (but you don't want to say what you want, I guess..) then you are looking for the same thing as Giza in this thread, and maybe that would interest other server owners too, and maybe it already has-been/is-being implemented ?  Invulnerability INSIDE - or in a zone around - a trade post maybe would be the easiest way to go at that.

Alternatively - if you are looking for "disable PVP damage only" across the whole map -  you could start by looking at how weapons damage is inflicted  IF you are interested in LEARNING anything about <How To Mod>  

But if you want someone to hand you a readymade 'no pvp server'  where you just run a chunk of code that you don't understand at all - then why not SAY you are NOT a modder, you are a beginner or it's beyond your level (this is no shame) and ask some of the big Scripters on this thread to help you out, (because some of them are HOT), or point you in the right direction?  No-PvP zones HAVE been done before, as I remember../ (just not for DayZ SA) ...  the Modders/Scripters are generally a VERY FRIENDLY bunch and pretty KEEN and they like to STAY up to date with their skills, and check out what other folk are doing. 

If you think structurally you can see ways it can be done..  but it would take some lines of script, not "set one variable" .. but I said that already, didn't I?   Sorry.. I thought yous guys were Modders..  (scuse me, I'll just leave now and close the door on my way out, thanx).

I am very much a beginner, and do require some assistance, hence creating this thread. :)  lol

As far as how weapon damage is handled, care to point me in the right direction?

On 28/09/2018 at 1:57 PM, pilgrim* said:

Then please leave, everyone can do wild guess about the engine and what we can mod ...

Tho actual response with code working or proper instructions/hints on how to achieve the desired functionnality with FACTS (filenames/class/methods) are welcomed ;)

You keep talking about fine tuning of damages when the `HitBy` event is not fired when one tapped ...

Edited by Sentepu
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sentepu said:

keep talking about fine tuning of damages when the `HitBy` event is not fired when one tapped ...

Not even if you're wearing something on your head, like a great helm or a mil helmet for instance ?  Are you joking ?  Wearing "nothing" on your head is a special instance of wearing "something"; so send it through the <something> hit box damage calculation.  OK? -  If I've got time on my hands when the days get shorter I'll draw you a flow diagram of what happens from - <weapon attack on hitbox> through to <you are dead> ..  but if you want to Mod, shouldn't you be doing this 1-2-3  overview of <WTF is going on> stuff for yourself ?   

Seems like nobody has written the script you want YET, which ain't surprising, today is 30 Sept 2018.  When were the server files released?   Put your feet up and wait for someone to do the work.

ps Tom_48_97 will say you can't do it AND put it out through Steam to the DayZ community.
also battleye wont put up with it, natch - it's a hack, ain't it.

Ask Tom_48_97 about it :

or ask github about it :

https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*